Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

lol isn't this just Rocky VI but with De Niro and a Chris Tucker wannabe?

It looks like it. I've yet to see anything funny from Kevin Hart.

They may as well have just set up one 80-minute long static shot of Sly and De Niro being handed wads of money, while squatting over the original film canisters of Rocky and Raging Bull and violently diarrheaing all over them in unison.

Also I imagine Sly must have a pretty difficult face to animate with CGI what with it melting and all but is this seriously the best CGI a Hollywood film could produce to try and make him look younger!! It's been done it X-Men and Breaking Bad perfectly well. What the **** is this!!

qLCKj6Y.jpg

Olympus Has Fallen.

It's basically Die Hard/Air Force One. It was even more ridiculous than those but not nearly as fun.

It was ok for a mindless action flick with plenty of exciting violence and where we're apparently supposed to give a shit whether the President lives or dies, yet the lives of hundreds or in fact millions of civilians is of secondary importance.

It wasn't a borefest but I thought it was a waste of 2 hours.

• Like 1

Just watched this trailer. Looks decent and a good cast as well. Forest Whitaker, John Cusack, Cuba Gooding Jr, Terence Howard, James Marsden, Alan Rickman, Robin Williams, Lenny Kravitz, Oprah Winfrey, Vanessa Redgrave, Liev Schrieber.

As Cecil Gaines serves eight presidents during his tenure as a butler at the White House, the civil rights movement, Vietnam, and other major events affect this man's life, family, and American society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuojHqfe4Vk

Looking for a decent horror film. Seen so much tripe recently.

Watched the Evil Dead remake last week. It was laughable in places when I don't think it was intending to be. I can't think of too many situations where you'd be able to literally pull your hand off your arm and walk off into the sunrise without too much pain, but then again I don't think writers think too much of such trivialities these days. lol.

Dark Skies is meant to be decent. Not seen it yet though. Sinister was fairly decent. Insidious I didn't like much at all.

You could try some older stuff, Cabin in the Woods, Drag me to Hell, both decent but not necessarily gruesome, dark horror films. They're just not done that way anymore it seems.