Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Does it improve after the crap first 15mins?

Got that far before i switched it off when i first tried to watch it, but i'm tempted to give it another go.

You should have hung on until the mother arrived. It becomes much more then. It is deliberately played out slow, with a minimum of dialogue, with an undercurrent of a Greek tragedy. What's difficult for most people who watch it is the characters don't on the surface have many, if any redeeming qualities, there's the violence, and the surreal way it's photographed, and of course the karaoke. It's not everyone's cup of tea. I liked it, and I think there's more to it, than joe bloggs will get, but I'm one of those shitty arty types, who likes this sort of thing.

220px-Rush_movie_poster.jpg

Great film and all without over hollywooding it. Great cinematography and it doesn't favour either Hunt or Lauda, so you come away appreciating them both for different reasons. Highly recommended!

Edited by Trav Le Bleu