Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

This film.

Will be.

The shit. :cool:

What is it? You Tube is blocked at work.

I watched The Last King of Scotland last night. Bloody brilliant film. And one of the finest pieces of acting I've ever seen from Forest Whitaker. Learnt quite a bit as well.

I love that. I only knew about Idi Amin because we used to laugh at his full name at school - "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular". Forest Whitaker's Ugandan accent is absolutely spot on and it's a bloody brilliant performance.

I watched The Last King of Scotland last night. Bloody brilliant film. And one of the finest pieces of acting I've ever seen from Forest Whitaker. Learnt quite a bit as well.

That's a bloody ace film. I downloaded it a few months ago. I'm buying it on Blu Ray (if available) when I get a player.

Take nothing away from Whitaker but James McCavoy is staggeringly underrated in that film. Hard for anyone to draw the plaudits other than for that Amin performance but I actually thought the entire cast was brilliant, to be fair.

Really, really great film. Deserved to get attention for more than just an immensely powerful lead performance.

Yes, fantastic film.

Last night I watched the Hitchcock classic - North By Northwest. An old film but a fantasic chase and great ending.

Saw Gran Torino at the cinema at the weekend also. Clint at his very best - superb film. I only hope it is not his last.

Last night I watched the Hitchcock classic - North By Northwest. An old film but a fantasic chase and great ending.

Love that film. But then I love Cary Grant, I don't care how many man points I lose for this but Philadelphia Story is fucking brilliant.

Jimmy Stewart. :wub:

Watched Grizzly Man last night. Good film. I'm thinking of taking over where Treadwell left off and packing up my tent. Looks like a great life. Good man, maybe a little psychotic

What a berk he was.

Not as awful as this mind:

grizzly_keyart2.jpg

We watched the whole thing wanting to see a man in a stupid suit fight a Grizzly Bear then they couldn't fucking find one.

Terrible.

Best thing, by far, about Watchmen was the soundtrack. That was spuffworthy.

I think you had to be a standard nerd to enjoy the film to the fullest, though. I thought it was okay but I just wanted more violence and tits and less geektalk and silly costumes.

Malin Akerman getting her chebs out for the 285437574th film was a much appreciated highlight.

Next time I'm told that this is "the most hardcore film of the year" I'll try and remember I'm being told this by someone who thought Spiderman 3 was intense. Not a bad film, though, I just had the same sort of underawed feeling that I was left with post-Dark Knight. I was really just expecting a bit more Frank Miller and a little less campy men-in-spandex. I have to say I enjoyed The Spirit far more than this.

REALLY good soundtrack, though. Now I realise the theme between 300% of Daggers' recent posts in the Listening Now? thread. lol

Ahaha, I'm gutted. I just found out that one of the songs I quite liked off the soundtrack was MCR. Again explaining why Daggers was asking before.

Who watches the Watchmen? Well me ... eventually. I hadn't been able to bring myself to go see it before for the thought of it being ruined by the 300 guy.

And i'm truly sorry i hadn't gone and seen it earlier. I really enjoyed it. But as with the novel, it just needs to stop with the Masked Killer twist, i.e. the first of its 3 endings.

Edited by General Smuts

:wave:

Can't really stand comic books or their respective films. Thought Watchmen was pretty average but enjoyed the soundtrack / chebs.

Recent South Park episode takes a few jabs at Batman / Watchmen. Pretty funny, hence ava.

Edited by Finnegan