Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I thought Carrie was okay, Julianne Moore was excellent. It's a fairly bog standard King. People get q bit dewy eyed about "classic" films but when it's a fresh adaptation of a novel I don't see what's so sacred.

Far more offended by Hollywood's need to remake Infernal Affairs and OldBoy. They did okay with the Departed, mind, so lets hope OB isn't terrible. Cast is okay at least, I like Brolin.

Just seen the new trailer for the Hobbit part 2, I've forgot how part 1 ended and didn't even think a new one was out this year, is this the last or will there be a part 3 to complete the story?

will be re-watching part 1 over the week.

They will be making part 3. I just hope they don't break that in two parts!

Watched Ides of March and J.Edgar over the weekend. I liked Ides of March- a nice crash course in dirty politics. I did not enjoyed J.Edgar on the other hand- They made a mistake with going for flashbacks story-telling technique I think. 

Watched Gravity in 3D today. Loved every minute of it, tense and dramatic. I love the way they squeezed every bit of suspense out of the story, it's gripping all the way until the ending.

Funny what you can do with only two lead parts over the course of just 90 minutes.

Intelligent use of CGI, too. For once, the effects complement the story.

Watched Gravity in 3D today. Loved every minute of it, tense and dramatic. I love the way they squeezed every bit of suspense out of the story, it's gripping all the way until the ending.

Funny what you can do with only two lead parts over the course of just 90 minutes.

Intelligent use of CGI, too. For once, the effects complement the story.

Have you seen Alfonso Cuaron's son's spin-off....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lUdjJnQoD4

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

Watched Argo today, thought it was quite a good flick although I hear in real life it was the Canadians who came up with the majority of the plan.

Watching Salvation Boulavard at the moment, it's got a great cast but it's a bit strange to be honest