Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

You can't tease us with something like that, and then not provide further details or a link, that's just not fair ;)

Unfortunately there isn't a trailer yet. But it's a Danish made Western, set in 1870's America but filmed in South Africa based on a Nordic Saga. Also Eva Green is in it so hopefully she gets her chesticles out.

But Mikkelsen as a Danish immigrant, Cantona as a Corsican and potential Eva Green nudity = iconsex05.gif

142-e1366660539653.jpg

Unfortunately there isn't a trailer yet. But it's a Danish made Western, set in 1870's America but filmed in South Africa based on a Nordic Saga. Also Eva Green is in it so hopefully she gets her chesticles out.

But Mikkelsen as a Danish immigrant, Cantona as a Corsican and potential Eva Green nudity = iconsex05.gif

142-e1366660539653.jpg

Haha that sounds rather odd, but pretty good to be fair. Cheers for that mate, and as you rightly pointed out, possible bewbs is always a brucey bonus :D:thumbup:

But Mikkelsen as a Danish immigrant, Cantona as a Corsican and potential Eva Green nudity = iconsex05.gif

142-e1366660539653.jpg

I really don't understand how all of those things came together.

But I love Mads, REALLY love Eva and dig a western. Plus, Danish drama is the bomb.

Guest seanfox778

The worst idea to come out of Hollywood today.... rebooting The Naked Gun films with Ed Helms from The Hangover as Frank Drebin.....  :thumbdown:

I do like Ed Helms but that sounds just terrible. Why does it need a reboot? 

That Godzilla trailer looks pretty smart, looking forward to that.

These rebooted film franchises just don't feel authentic to me. Thinks like Die Hard 4 & 5, Rocky Balboa etc where it crowbar in a kid to extend the 'story'.

It's the blatant sense of forcing some more milk from an old cash cow that (to me) makes these types of film worthless. To me these stories stopped with the last film in the original series. I've even heard talk (on here I think) of a Godfather 4. No. Just No.

Edited by FoxesAreBlue

These rebooted film franchises just don't feel authentic to me. Thinks like Die Hard 4 & 5, Rocky Balboa etc where it crowbar in a kid to extend the 'story'.

It's the blatant sense of forcing some more milk from an old cash cow that (to me) makes these types of film worthless. To me these stories stopped with the last film in the original series. I've even heard talk (on here I think) of a Godfather 4. No. Just No.

unfortunately that comes from accountants running studios. Rather than encouraging original scripts and stories, they go for for successful characters/franchises. Its the way the industry has gone. I for one am growing so sick and tired of comic book films.... they are all the same.

go back 10 years and we had a bit of creativity still. its dying fast. oh well we can ll look forward to Iron Man 4  :rolleyes:  

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

Gravity - no bad, 7.95/10 - reckon it would have been a lot better in 3d at the cinema but it was still pretty good

I don't normally like 3D films but Gravity was impressive in that format

Compliance,a true story that is so ridiculous it has to be seen to be believed

Just watched it on Film4

I know it's based on a true story, but they must have jazzed it up a bit & that it can't all be true.  Surely that could never happen in real life?

It can!!

• Like 1

That trailer tells you absolutely nothing about the movie

It's a teaser, they're meant to be rather cryptic.

But actually, it does touch upon some of the core themes of the movie.

it also tells us that Matthew McConaughey will boss 2014.

He'll get an Oscar for Dallas Buyer's Club.

Starring in a Christopher Nolan film.

Hit TV Show with True Detective.

Scene stealer in The Wolf of Wall Street.

...I assume he must have a new agent recently.

• Like 1

Just watched it on Film4

I know it's based on a true story, but they must have jazzed it up a bit & that it can't all be true.  Surely that could never happen in real life?

It can!!

There's some gullible people about!

Finally managed to watch Prometheus in its entity.

It's not as bad as others have made it out to be - still, despite its visual splendor, the plot is cheesy at best and full of holes. And the plot points are so constructed and forced upon the viewer, its inherent stupidity is rather shameful.

And yes, apart from forgetful dialogue, most characters behave really strange, adding further insult to injury.