Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Saw Its a Wonderful Life tonight at the Phoenix. good film. As it is on TV over Xmas I wont spoi; it for anyone by disclosing the plot.

Before that er saw the documentary about DNO's first year, That was good too. May be on Youtube or better in the New Year after it has done the rounds of organizations and charities. I was in it and listed in the credits at the end.

Embarrasing part for me was when the co-ordinator was talking about me and says I should be called Captain scarlett because I am ever present and keep coming back even if ill.

Now I am going to have to find a T-shirt with it on and a red cap.

Cue pictures. {)

Midnight Express is a weird film. I'd heard great things and (don't get me wrong) it was good, but I was a bit weirded out, particularly by the last half hour.

Also watched Glengarry Glen Ross earlier. I've never seen the stage play but I can tell you now that the screen version has added nothing. There's 4 scenes used in the entire film and it looked like somebody was filming a play. From an acting perspective I thought it was magnificent, but from a "film" perspective I thought it was dreadful. I'm sure that the claustrophobic feel of the office was intentional but I wasn't impressed by it.

The Family - De niro, Michelle - but not really very good.

Prisoners - Hugh Jackman - watchable but petered out at the end.

2 Guns - Washington and Wahlberg - I enjoyed it.

Gravity-What a film this is, must have been even better in the 3D. After the first 10 minutes it's non stop action. 10/10

Yeah - very, very good and the last 10 minutes aside pretty scientifically accurate too. 

You can tell its a Cuaron film from the little arty ideas that he sticks in there.

Guest seanfox778

Disconnect,drama about the way technology affects the lives of different groups of people in different ways,great movie with a great cast

1622118472_1380265302.jpg

I watched this last week, thought it was really good and quite powerful

Midnight Express is a weird film. I'd heard great things and (don't get me wrong) it was good, but I was a bit weirded out, particularly by the last half hour.

Also watched Glengarry Glen Ross earlier. I've never seen the stage play but I can tell you now that the screen version has added nothing. There's 4 scenes used in the entire film and it looked like somebody was filming a play. From an acting perspective I thought it was magnificent, but from a "film" perspective I thought it was dreadful. I'm sure that the claustrophobic feel of the office was intentional but I wasn't impressed by it.

Yeah, if you're after a great piece of cinematography or some nifty directing then GGGR is definitely poor. It's cheap and dated and not designed to dazzle. But I love it as an example of simple performance art.

Yeah, 20 years to dig a tunnel and he managed to put the poster back up whilst behind it :)

Great film, great cast.

My logic is that it will obviously be stuck to the wall at the top, and rather than take the whole poster off, he has merely unstuck the bottom bit, lifted it up and climbed in. The bottom would then swing back into place (although how it gets stuck to the wall again I'm not sure.)

Yes I've thought about it too much, but it's my favourite film too :D

Watched this really good film last night on tv but can't remember what it was called but it was about this boy in America and his family go on holiday and forget him. He gets up to all sorts of mischief on his own (not wanking) and these 2 burglars try and break into the house. It was really sad and I cried a lot and got a tingly foreskin a bit. Anyone know the name of the film?

Watched this really good film last night on tv but can't remember what it was called but it was about this boy in America and his family go on holiday and forget him. He gets up to all sorts of mischief on his own (not wanking) and these 2 burglars try and break into the house. It was really sad and I cried a lot and got a tingly foreskin a bit. Anyone know the name of the film?

Did it star Bruce Willis?