Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The Sweeney.  Starts off meh, gets pretty good, then finishes abysmally.

You should have knew better with any film starring Ray Winstone in it. 

Watched District 9, thoroughly decent. I read that Peter Jackson who was a producer on that film was originally going to work with the director on a different film but that fell through so Peter just basically gave the director the original budget and told him to do whatever he wants with it so he made District 9! How about that for a fact? Trumped Webbo's useless fact any day  :P

Edited by ChickenBoy

American Hustle - boring first half hour which gets better from then on but overrated on the whole.

Now you see me. Surpringly fun. Woody has been in some dismal films but this was okay.

Expendables 2 - what a load of dross and they must have realised it.

Much better than 6.5.

I found the first half hour tedious - my wife stopped watching altogether. It got better and was an okay film but really surprised to see it's down as one of the films of the year. 7/10 at best but 6.8 seems more reasonable.

I finally got around to watching....

P_478215_0__1030209342.jpg

An interesting account from the Police perpective of the clear-outs of the Rio favelas before a visit from The Pope. The parts about the systematic police corruption are amazing. Certainly worth-watching with regards to the preparations for The World Cup.

Not sure if I liked 12 years a slave or not. At the time I thought the storyline wasn't very gripping or really that interesting. But there is something about the film that has managed to imprint itself on my mind, and not many movies can do that. I think it's probably the brutality - there are a couple of scenes you might struggle to forget. But then does brutality really make a movie great, or is it just a cheap use of shock value through subject matter that nobody dares criticise?

Edited by MooseBreath