Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Where are people watching films online nowadays? I'm so obsessed with Netflix I haven't watched anything 'new' in a while except for a moody copy of the Wolf Of Wall Street which cut out all the nudity.

Viooz is my place to go, usually takes a while to get HD versions of current movies.

They added Dallas Buyers Club today so I'm going to have a watch of that.

Someone on here mentioned GenVideos a while back. I've not watched anything in full on there yet, but I have quickly checked a few out & the quality looks very good.

It hasn't got Wolf of Wall Street, so may be missing the very latest films.

http://genvideos.com/

I mentioned gen videos on here a few days ago. I've watched a fair few films on there and haven't had any issues with it. An add pop-up appears the first time you click on a film but if you close it you don't get anymore coming up.

Wolf of wall street isn't on there yet but there are loads of new films on there. Hunger Games Catching Fire is on there but it isn't a great copy, and to be fair, that is the only one I've watched that hasn't been DVD quality.

Definitely worth a look.

• Like 1

Heard good things about glowgaze, I haven't watched a film on there yet but I will watch Filth on there next week at some point and report back.

Will come in handy - for films & TV series.  Looks good & the quality of Wolf of Wall Street is decent enough........Filth is better.  Thought it might have 'Inside Llewyn Davis'.......but it ain't.

I watch a lot of films, but rarely get that excited by stuff in the cinema.  I will need to 'really' want to see it & won't go to watch any old shit.

Only film I'm properly looking forward to is 'Calvary'.

Watched The Dirty Dozen today. Not bad- some oldies on here will go all warm and fuzzy inside while they reminisce about their youth watching the film I mentioned. I am looking at you FIF,Rincwind,Trav,Dr Singh and possibly Webbo.

I am interested in your opinions though- was it a big hit when it first came out?

Edited by ChickenBoy

Watched The Dirty Dozen today. Not bad- some oldies on here will go all warm and fuzzy inside when they reminisce about their youth watching the film I mentioned. I am looking at you FIF,Rincwind,Trav,Dr Singh and possibly Webbo.

lol

I think they're all about the same age?

• Like 1

lol

I think they're all about the same age?

Hahaha. I would have guessed that Rincewind and Trav might be teenagers when it came out. Rest that I have mentioned might be just born or still very little. This is all guesswork though lol

I didn't even see that, I'll probably watch that too and save the tenner it would cost at the cinema.

I'm at work so just clicked on the first few minutes on my phone to check the quality and DiCaprio was blowing coke up some birds arse!

Looked a decent enough rip though.

Watched The Dirty Dozen today. Not bad- some oldies on here will go all warm and fuzzy inside while they reminisce about their youth watching the film I mentioned. I am looking at you FIF,Rincwind,Trav,Dr Singh and possibly Webbo.

I am interested in your opinions though- was it a big hit when it first came out?

You cheeky fecker, I was only 1 when it came out.

• Like 1

Non stop action, genuine tension all through the film. It must have been brilliant in 3D.

Action? It took 45 mins to float from the outside of the space station to Inside. It was agonisingly boring and tedious. Tension - what tension? You actually wondered whether they'd survive or not? I really couldn't be bothered. Even the views were poor.

Of course it was a hit it was full of big name film stars (but not like the expendables haha).

Dallas Buyers Club - boring 4/10

Filth - pretty good, best Irvine Welsh adaptation since Trainspotting, which doesn't mean much, but still an entertaining watch 8/10

The Hunger Games part 2 - 6/10 plus two points the presence of a long-haired j-lawro equals 8/10

Edited by MooseBreath

Just watched Escape Plan. No brain power needed for 1hr 50mins. 

Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger. Also 50 Cent and Vinnie Jones. I don't really need to say anymore do I. lol

4/10. Being generous simply because Sam Neill also featured in it.