Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Last Vegas, just the same as a pointless hangover 15 - Please end this fvcking obsession of baby boomers and death.. Bucket List, Marigold Hotel...etc....etc

Blue Jasmine - meh.

There are only so many themes for plots. I enjoyed the film and I enjoyed Marigold hotel too. Thought the acting was very good in the latter.

Saw Dallas Buyers Club earlier. McConaughey has to be a shoe in on Oscar night. AIDS is like catnip for awards juries.

Possibly about 30 minutes too long but pure cinematic drama.

I've seen all the contenders and if Chitwetel Ejiofor doesn't win it, then there's no justice.  I think McConaughey is good, and possibly for me his best performance yet, but he's coming in second.

All is Lost - Robert Redford on his own on a sinking boat in the middle of nowhere. Literally just him on screen for the entire movie and he only speaks about ten words. Fairly captivating, a solid 7.65/10

So it's gravity on a boat.(except it's captivating)

Maybe it'll get 25 oscar nominations.

So it's gravity on a boat.(except it's captivating)

Maybe it'll get 25 oscar nominations.

I think it has a fair bit less mainstream appeal than Gravity because it's much more 'raw', no character development, no big explosions or anything like that. You could even describe its minimalist approach to a crisis situation as the opposite of how they did it in Gravity Edited by MooseBreath

The trials of Cate McCall.

Court room drama starring Kate Beckinsale as a hot shot lawyer who's recovering from alcoholism, fighting to see her child and must also take a case of a women that maybe wrongfully convicted of murder so she can try to be reinstated by the bar.

Solid 6.5, I enjoyed it.

Guest seanfox778

The Lincoln Lawyer.

Thought it was brilliant, 8/10. Gripping courtroom thriller starring Matthew McConaughey and a great cast, surprised I hadn't heard of it until now. It must of slipped under my radar but I highly recommend it.

The Lincoln Lawyer.

Thought it was brilliant, 8/10. Gripping courtroom thriller starring Matthew McConaughey and a great cast, surprised I hadn't heard of it until now. It must of slipped under my radar but I highly recommend it.

The book was better, in fact there are 3 or 4 books in the series, bit surprised there hasn't been a sequel.

Guest seanfox778

The book was better, in fact there are 3 or 4 books in the series, bit surprised there hasn't been a sequel.

I heard there's a film called Blood Work that's set in the same universe as Lincoln Lawyer, I'm not sure if that's one of the books.

The Lincoln Lawyer.

The book was much better and from a good series of easy read paperbacks.

I heard there's a film called Blood Work that's set in the same universe as Lincoln Lawyer, I'm not sure if that's one of the books.

Clint Eastwood. Film was okay but weirdly the killer in the film was actually one of the good guys in the book. Again the book was far better. Not the same series of books but the same writer.