Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just watched Taxi Driver- unsure what to make of it!

I thought it was brilliant, if you are unsure it probably means you are stable and sane, I loved it as I've often felt like Travis Bickle, I just wouldn't have the balls to be him.

The King's Speech- An alright film but I'm not sure what all the fuss was about.

This is so strange, bought it ages ago and haven't got around to watching it, people either seem to love it or absolutely hate it.

After all the ravings on here about Wolf of wall street I gave it a try this week.

It was okay.

Very much a guys/boys movie - women were clearly shown as playthings for men and not equals but there were some great full frontal shots and plenty of tits for the boys to wank over.

What I liked about the movie was it tried to show that capitalism is an anti-human system aimed at making money out of the simple/stupid/naive/hopeful without seriously improving the capitalists life. I think that was subtly shown with bold brash statement scènes.

Overall not a movie for females, nice tits for the lads and an indictment of Capitalism (though the Young guys won't see that and will want to be the lead character). 

Very much a guys/boys movie - women were clearly shown as playthings for men and not equals but there were some great full frontal shots and plenty of tits for the boys to wank over.

And your point is?

You never treated a woman like the guys do in that? I have plenty of times. That sort of woman was invented to be a toy for men, sometimes we need to let off steam and they are the perfect way to do it.

And your point is?

You never treated a woman like the guys do in that? I have plenty of times. That sort of woman was invented to be a toy for men, sometimes we need to let off steam and they are the perfect way to do it.

So you've blown coke up a woman's pooper?!

The days of chivalry are alive and kicking.

Saw Dallas Buyers Club earlier. McConaughey has to be a shoe in on Oscar night. AIDS is like catnip for awards juries.

Possibly about 30 minutes too long but pure cinematic drama.

Went to the cinema for the first time in over a year last night to see this (wife's suggestion, surprisingly).

Excellent drama and storyline. Superb acting by McConaughey and Jared Leto, in particular (Leto must be in contention for a best supporting actor in his transgender role, I assume - extraordinary performance). Maybe a bit too much of a neat, Hollywood plot progression, but would strongly recommend to anyone who's not a prude or a homophobe (a certain amount of wham-bam shagging, queeny conduct, drug injecting, foul-mouthed rednecks etc.).

Based around issues of medication, 1980s AIDS crisis & an unlikely (platonic) alliance between a mouthy redneck rodeo shagger (McConaughey) and a mouthy trangender queen (Leto). Didn't find the female lead (Jennifer Garner) so convincing, though a tricky, understated role.

Alf has probably hit on the main reason why so many people claim to like DBC - so they can show the world how non-homophobic and gosh darn ahead of the moral curve they are. See also: 12 Years a Slave. "Hey look at me everybody, I'm such a good person that I think slavery is bad. I'll prove it by liking this movie that shows that slavery is bad. Woo. Go me."

Up there with movies on american miltary successses as subject matter that guarantees the most transparent fake positive reviews ever.

Edited by MooseBreath