Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched Fruitvale Station the other night. Possibly the most one-sided movie about a true story ever made. 3/10

You'd probably agree with this review then: http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/pub-of-the-week-blog/new-release-movie-reviews--november-8/20131108-2x5nr.html

'Horrifically unbalanced" "Presumably, the only reason Grant does not wear a halo throughout the film was because they didn't have enough money for visual effects"

You'd probably agree with this review then: http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/pub-of-the-week-blog/new-release-movie-reviews--november-8/20131108-2x5nr.html

'Horrifically unbalanced" "Presumably, the only reason Grant does not wear a halo throughout the film was because they didn't have enough money for visual effects"

Yep, totally agree with that review except I'd go a littlw further and call the movie socially irresponsible at best, and in some cases quite dangerous to young minds watching it Edited by MooseBreath

Yep, totally agree with that review except I'd go a littlw further and call the movie socially irresponsible at best, and in some cases quite dangerous to young minds watching it

if i didn't know better , i'd swear you were implying the film was anti white propaganda that was trying to depict blacks as always victims of brutal oppression.

surely not ? 

Yep, totally agree with that review except I'd go a littlw further and call the movie socially irresponsible at best, and in some cases quite dangerous to young minds watching it

I don't agree with the total beatification of Oscar in this film either (hardly an angel), but the fact remains that many American cops are heavy handed thick cvnts drunk on authority that cannot be trusted, and this film does a decent job of showing that.

Edited by leicsmac

I don't agree with the total beatification of Oscar in this film either (hardly an angel), but the fact remains that many American cops are heavy handed thick cvnts drunk on authority that cannot be trusted, and this film does a decent job of showing that.

Not really. Two minutes of one cop being aggressive and one making a big mistake is hardly a comprehensive, balanced review of the culture.

Guest seanfox778

The Lego movie.

My friends took their daughter and it was orange Wednesday so I tagged along, hadn't seen the trailer so didn't know what to expect (apart from a film about Lego) but it was pretty darn good to be fair, some very funny lines and the animation was fantastic. Something for all ages.

Edited by seanfox778

Watched Side-Effects last night. Enjoyed it (although did fall asleep for 5 minutes missing a key part, which my wife later explained).

Was fearing a 3/10 film since I don't like Jude Law. He seems to be able to play about one character. A not very interesting character.

Anyway, he was okay and the film was pretty intriguing and in short I'd recommend it and reckon its worth a solid 7/10.

American Hustle tonight. We shall see.

So eventually I get round to watching something I should have seen months ago.

To my surprise, I find myself watching Richard Harrow running off with Hunger Games aka Fat Batman's wife. That and staring at Louis Lane's cleavage for about two hours.

Somewhere amidst all of that I think a pretty good film happened. But **** me, did I mention the boobs?

That's a lot of boobs.

10/10.