Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Long weekend here and decided on a couple ive had on hold a while...

ID-Anchor-Bay-DVD1-208x300.jpg

quite enjoyed this, pretty well made and acted - not bad

This on the other hand

Rise_of_the_footsoldier.jpg

I didnt enjoy much at all

Edited by ozleicester

Probably going to be lambasted for my comments now, but after all the hype and bigging up of 12 Years A Slave I finally got around to watching it on Sunday night. Due to the hype I was expecting this incredible piece of cinematic genius, but like so many over hyped films was left underwhelmed. Thought it was fine but nothing like what has been said about it. However, I thought Chiwetel Ejiofor and Michael Fassbender were superb. Some very moving scenes and some very hard scenes to watch. 

Edited by MikeyT

A mockumentary chronicling the rise and fall of a not particularly talented--or particularly bright but always controversial--1990s hip-hop group, NWH (Niggaz with Hats).

fear-of-a-black-hat.jpg

Stupid but funny, the rap version of Spinal Tap. I enjoyed it but it's not as good as the latter. :thumbup: 

I don't think it would be for me not being a fan of rap.

Looked at the films available on Virgin films. Captain Phillips and Gravity are on but they cost around £4 or £5 to rent. Man of Steel is also there. The first two I really want to see. Cheaper than the cinema though but will they be on TV in a years  time?

I don't think it would be for me not being a fan of rap.

Looked at the films available on Virgin films. Captain Phillips and Gravity are on but they cost around £4 or £5 to rent. Man of Steel is also there. The first two I really want to see. Cheaper than the cinema though but will they be on TV in a years  time?

Still need to see those! 

Saw Gravity at the weekend. Definitely some of the cheesiest dialogue I've heard in a while. I burst out laughing at then end. I just spent 90 minutes not caring about anyone in the film. Looked good though. I'm surprised it was so positive across the board.

I felt the same, pretty much. She was so whiney, I half wished the outcome was different.

And the barking? WTF?

I felt the same, pretty much. She was so whiney, I half wished the outcome was different.

And the barking? WTF?

See the short film Aningaaq, then the scene where someone is talking Danish at her and the barking will make sense. 

From a purely scientific point of view Gravity was better than most Hollywood efforts, and I think Bullock and Clooney actually did a pretty good job of portraying how a rookie and experienced astronaut would behave in such a situation. I agree the angst was overplayed somewhat, but overall I was really impressed with the film.

See the short film Aningaaq, then the scene where someone is talking Danish at her and the barking will make sense. 

From a purely scientific point of view Gravity was better than most Hollywood efforts, and I think Bullock and Clooney actually did a pretty good job of portraying how a rookie and experienced astronaut would behave in such a situation. I agree the angst was overplayed somewhat, but overall I was really impressed with the film.

I see. That might explain it.

Don't get me wrong, I though it was a good film and enjoyed it. I was just a bit baffled by some of the scenes.