Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I just watched a film

I thought it was alright but <insert film critic type sentence here> and the lead actor was really good, the connection with the character was <insert film critic phrase here> but it lacked <film cliché here> on the whole it was very <google a synonym for 'ok' to sound even more critic-y>.

6.84371 out of 11.23.

I just watched a film

I thought it was alright but <insert film critic type sentence here> and the lead actor was really good, the connection with the character was <insert film critic phrase here> but it lacked <film cliché here> on the whole it was very <google a synonym for 'ok' to sound even more critic-y>.

6.84371 out of 11.23.

What an utterly pointless post.

Anyone seen Lone Survivor?

Edited by DanNDH88

Saw Gravity at the weekend. Definitely some of the cheesiest dialogue I've heard in a while. I burst out laughing at then end. I just spent 90 minutes not caring about anyone in the film. Looked good though. I'm surprised it was so positive across the board.

I only survived the first half - so boring. Really surpised that it was up for so many awards. Still it's true that you buy nominations to a great extent now.

Lone Survivor was pretty bad, like what FoxesAreBlue said. The film is a bit cheesy. The story is true and pretty incredible, just mashed through a typical American war film cliche machine. Had a lot of potential I think. 

I just watched 12 years a slave, holy shit is that powerful. I had a tough time watching it as it was brutal and heart-wrenching at times. Definitely understand the hype now.  

grand-budapest-hed.jpg

Went to see The Grand Budapest Hotel with my missus. It was a great piece of entertainment; albeit a bit darker, more violent and more mature for a Wes Anderson movie.

Still, a couple of good laughs in there, tons of quirky and unique characters filled out by plenty of highly-renowed actors, great sets and the typical and adorable cinematography by Robert Yeoman.

The pace is crazy - I've hardly witnessed so much action and plot in only 100 minutes!

Edited by MC Prussian

Just watched Page Eight on IPlayer. Not too bad. Conspiracy MI5 typed drams. A file in circulation implicating a cover up involving terrorists. Bill Nighty and a few older actors.

The Killing Fields was also available. That is good but a bit depressing and long.

Edited by Rincewind

Got round to watching The Wolf of Wall Street. I really enjoyed it, very Goodfellas-esque but with less shooting.

People are right when they say not much actually happens, the plot is quite thin. But similarly to Goodfellas, their lifestyle is so entertaining on it's own. It made me chuckle all the way through, and occasionally horny. Which is a good balance.

Got round to watching The Wolf of Wall Street. I really enjoyed it, very Goodfellas-esque but with less shooting.

I watched this on Saturday, I agree.

One of the most fun films I've watched in a long long time. I didnt expect to laugh as much as I did. It's one of those films I could watch a lot more times.

I don't think it would be for me not being a fan of rap.

Looked at the films available on Virgin films. Captain Phillips and Gravity are on but they cost around £4 or £5 to rent. Man of Steel is also there. The first two I really want to see. Cheaper than the cinema though but will they be on TV in a years  time?

Unlikely that they will be on TV for a long time. Get Lovefilm or Netflix, you can watch unlimited films for the same price to watch one film on Virgin films.

When Harry met Sally- had to abort it halfway through as my girlfriend kept falling asleep after an early start today. Enjoyed it so far so I was annoyed when I had to stop it! Anyone mind stopping a movie halfway or does it grinded your gears? I don't mind stopping if I am the one who are tired though.

If I turned off movies when I my wife fell asleep or went to bed, I'd literally never finish a film. 99.9% she gives up regardless of the film and either falls asleep or goes to bed.