Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched JFK last night- even now  I am still blown away by the film. Good explanation as any on all conspiracy theories on JFK's death. It also made the potential of living in a political system with corrupt governments bit more real rather than it being something that are occasionally touched on in media or by other people. 

Watched JFK last night- even now  I am still blown away by the film. Good explanation as any on all conspiracy theories on JFK's death. It also made the potential of living in a political system with corrupt governments bit more real rather than it being something that are occasionally touched on in media or by other people. 

You do know it's not necessarily true?

Funny Rico mentioning "Sexy Beast".

I went to see Glazer's newest output "Under The Skin". I won't spoil it too much, but I liked it a lot.

Not just because it's almost dialogue-free, open to many interpretations, many things are left unsaid and left to the viewer to make his mind up.

Under-the-Skin-009.jpg

Aliens never looked sexier - apart from Natasha Henstridge, maybe.

I didn't think there was anything sexy about it, in spite of the obvious, as I thought it showed how being perceived as attractive does not equate to sexiness.

It showed how we are just pieces of meat.

I didn't think there was anything sexy about it, in spite of the obvious, as I thought it showed how being perceived as attractive does not equate to sexiness.

It showed how we are just pieces of meat.

It's a great movie that leaves a lot of room for interpretation, as there's hardly any dialogue. That's what I like about it.

The film touches upon subjects such as perception, individuality, attraction, image and beauty.

And what was with the three new motorcyclists? It starts out with one only, following "her", then towards the end, the group has grown to a total of four. Are the other three the men "she" sucked in and robbed of their skin/body maybe?

Edited by MC Prussian

Guest seanfox778

The Fifth Element - Forgot how great that film is.

Eden Lake - Disturbing thriller that makes you angry but I still thought it was good, It has Michael Fassbender in and the main kid from This Is England.

Edited by seanfox778

Watching a film called The Company Men. Three top executives lose their high status jobs because of downsizing by their company an having trouble to find new jobs. Ones just been told that a job he wants they wouldn't take on a man of over 30 because it involves extensive travel all over the world. Too stress for a man of 60.  Another has resorted to doing a building job which he is not very good. They are struggling with mortgages lost membership of their golf club.

Sign of the times I suppose. :)

Flags of our Fathers- I thought it was good but it is annoying when you watch factual films and felt the need to dig around to see whether if it is actually accurate especially if it questions a well known historical event such as Iwo Jama. 

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a cracker. I'm not fond of the bad guys affiliation, seems a bit cliche - Super soldier from WW2 in the 21st century, but we need some bad guys... How about Nazi's? - but the reintroduction of them is well worked and fits into the marvel universe well (particularly given the whole trust no-one vibe that SHIELD has going for it). Be interested to see how they work Avengers 2 next year given the events in this but it is a cracker of a film, and if the end credit scene is a nod to the next captain america plot then I'm looking forward to that.

Edited by The Doctor