Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Finally got round to watching the new Mallick film and was rather underwhelmed, as I was with Tree of Life. He's sort of the Martin O'Neill of film-making, you expected him to go on to be one of the greatest but he seemed to lose interest and just kind of faded away.

Blackfish.

Documentary about killer whales at seaworld and the subsequent deaths of 3 people.  Its an excellent documentary and I hope it changes some peoples view about these types of performing captured animals.  It does baffle me why people seem to accept this type of entertainment and even have swimming with dolphins as their 'must do'.  Anyway 8/10.

20 Feet from stardom.

Documentary about backup singers.  Very interesting footage of the struggles of backup singers, naive as I was I found out that well known artists expecially in the 60's didn't even sing on their records but lip synched to the backup singers vocal.  8/10

• 2 weeks later...

Just donated to my first Kickstarter campaign for the hopefully upcoming Blue Mountain State flick. Did anybody catch the TV show? If you haven't I would really recommend it. 

Laugh out loud funny, gross out comedy about a college football team.

Hope it gets made to see my name in the credits!

51-01-c100725903.jpg

A former British Army officer, who was tormented as a prisoner of war at a Japanese labor camp during World War II, discovers that the man responsible for much of his treatment is still alive and sets out to confront him.

I've not read the book although I'm sure it's probably better than the film but nevertheless the film was still enjoyable. Colin Firth as Lomax is excellent, as is Jeremy Irvine as young Eric Lomax and he probably steals the show.

The back and forth nature between time lines maybe could've been a little less frequent with more focus on young Eric as that was more compelling to watch, but on the whole a decent enough watch. 7/10

joe-poster-nicolas-cage-david-gordon-gre

An ex-con, who is the unlikeliest of role models, meets a 15-year-old boy and is faced with the choice of redemption or ruin.

I really thought I'd like this film but I just couldn't get into it at all for some reason. I maybe need to watch it again but the pace of the film is so slow and flat even for an Indie flick coupled with the fact I completely disliked the characters, I'll probably not bother. 5/10  :(