Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Came back from the cinema this evening from seeing The Amazing Spiderman 2! it was pretty good some say it was better than the first movie, but personally i think it's just as good. I think one of the faults i have with this movie is maybe the timing, I feel it's around 10-15 minutes too long! I never really got bored but maybe there was too many battle-type action scenes that went too long. Another thing to mention i personally felt the villains were under used in this! especially the electro charcter. In all it's a good movie a reasonable 7/10, one thing i do like about this version of the spiderman story is that i find this spiderman more for the mature audience, it's certainly alot darker than Toby McGuire's version! Them movies were alot right but a little cheesy at times.

Andrew Garfield looks alot more relaxed and comfortable in this performance rather than the last movie.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Came back from the cinema this evening from seeing The Amazing Spiderman 2! it was pretty good some say it was better than the first movie, but personally i think it's just as good. I think one of the faults i have with this movie is maybe the timing, I feel it's around 10-15 minutes too long! I never really got bored but maybe there was too many battle-type action scenes that went too long. Another thing to mention i personally felt the villains were under used in this! especially the electro charcter. In all it's a good movie a reasonable 7/10, one thing i do like about this version of the spiderman story is that i find this spiderman more for the mature audience, it's certainly alot darker than Toby McGuire's version! Them movies were alot right but a little cheesy at times.

Andrew Garfield looks alot more relaxed and comfortable in this performance rather than the last movie.

I find the amazing Spider-Man is much better and A lot truer to the comics. I do agree though Andrew Garfield is a much better fit but the film is too long. Personally i think id prefer it if it ran longer than a trilogy, give the people behind it more time to work on the backgrounds and the films would not seem so long

Got my tickets to see this on release day (next Thursday) - looks a corker. Supposedly IGN have said that it's not Rodan flying around (only thing I've not checked is the discussing possible spoilers video, but I hate spoilers), but it surely is.

Done 4 long haul flights recently and they are often the only times I bother to watch films:

Prisoners 7/10: possibly half an hour too long but decent entertainment and surprisingly dark in places, enjoyed it

Out of the Furnace 4/10: watched it on the basis that Christian Bale was the main character. Subsequently found out Ridley Scott and Leonardo Di Caprio were producers. Given those names I thought it was pretty disappointing.

The Counselor 7/10: apart from all the "trying too hard to be clever by talking philosophically" bits I thought it was pretty good even though very little of the film made any sense.

Lone Survivor 8/10: brutal and compelling

The Hunger Games 2 6/10: good entertainment but basically left me feeling a bit cold. Struggle to care about any of the characters. Loved the books.

Gravity 5/10: probably didn't help watching it on a small screen but though tit was massively overrated. Script was abysmal.

Rush 9/10: absolutely brilliant, totally absorbing, fantastic acting and I wasn't even that familiar with the story which made it even more compelling 

Captain Phillips 8/10: find something about Tom Hanks intrinsically annoying but still thought it was a great film

• Like 2

Prisoners 7/10: possibly half an hour too long but decent entertainment and surprisingly dark in places, enjoyed it

Gravity 5/10: probably didn't help watching it on a small screen but though tit was massively overrated. Script was abysmal

Prisoners was a 9/10 for me. Agree with it being a bit too long, but I love those kinda dark films. Good ending too.

Gravity is probably the worst thing I've seen in a long time. Productionwise, it's almost perfection, it looks incredible. The script was dreadful, it got to the point I just made fun of the film. Totally ruined it. When Sandra Bullock started barking I mean whywhat.