Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I Need That Record!

Interesting documentary about the death of independant record stores.

So sad that the current music scene has never been more corporate and the end of independant record shops is just one of the things that has to suffer. The ridiculas over pricing of cd's and vinyl is truly astonishing and this closes stores at an alarming rate and there's simply no need for it. I find it saddest of all that generations of kids won't have the absoluite joy of walking around independant record shops.

Watched Non-Stop the other day. Okay for a thriller set on a plane. Not quite Flightplan, and not quite Snakes on a Plane.

Also the uninspiring 300 pre/sequel.

But watched the very good documentary Jodorosky's Dune.

And finally watched Transcendence. Miscast Johnny Depp, with a script full holes and terrible dialogue. Don't bother if you thought you might.

I Need That Record!

Interesting documentary about the death of independant record stores.

So sad that the current music scene has never been more corporate and the end of independant record shops is just one of the things that has to suffer. The ridiculas over pricing of cd's and vinyl is truly astonishing and this closes stores at an alarming rate and there's simply no need for it. I find it saddest of all that generations of kids won't have the absoluite joy of walking around independant record shops.

Yeah but they do have free access to pretty much the entire history of recorded music at their fingertips via the Internet so it's not all bad news.

Yeah but they do have free access to pretty much the entire history of recorded music at their fingertips via the Internet so it's not all bad news.

But scratchy audio quality and fluff-balls stopping it from playing properly makes music sound so much better than superior recording equipment. Or something along that line - I've no idea what excuses vinyl hipsters use nowadays.

Watched Noah, very odd film indeed, not sure how it relates to the biblical version

Latest x men was good

Basically speaking, it doesn't - the similarities begin and end with the character names: the whole Conan the barbarian style segment is wrong - Noah was nearly 600 when his dad died, tubal-Cain doesn't stow away on the ark, all of Noah's sons get married, shems wife wasn't barren, and Noah didn't decide to murder her miracle baby (not that she even had one). It's completely unfaithful to the source material

Watched Noah over the weekend. Couldn't care less how faithful it was to the source material. But I was hoping Aranofsky would inject a bit more darkness and or weirdness into it. Found it quite plain and ordinary overall. 6.3/10

Edited by MooseBreath

I prefer the third film myself but it is still a very good film!

I watched that one last night. Is a great film but Raiders edges it for me. Too many one liners and trying to make it funny moments in Crusade. Raiders seems a lot more serious.

I remember seeing The Last Crusade in the cinema in 1989. Probably about this time 25 years ago. Where has the time gone!

Edited by MikeyT