Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just finished Battleship-what a film, I know it is full of CGIs and all action but it is really done well and it is an unique take on the usual alien invasion crisis story. One question though, was the island in the bubble???

Watching Goldeneye on ITV2. Where are all the car chases and hundreds of baddies being shot by Bond. All it seems to be is a group of people sunning it up making poor jokes about sex and fancying blokes. I did miss the first 30 minutes and I don't fancy putting plus 1 just for five minutes action.

Just came back from watching Dawn of Planet Of The Apes, pretty good to be honest at times your forgot it was a sequel. The effects were good, worth the 3d? I'm not sure. I tell you what did happen though half way through the film cause of the storm outside it brought the power out in the cinema and the film crashed. It was for about ten minutes but when they put it back on, I'd say five minutes of footage was missing.

Anyway good movie would recommend going to see it an 8/10 for me.

Just came back from watching Dawn of Planet Of The Apes, pretty good to be honest at times your forgot it was a sequel. The effects were good, worth the 3d? I'm not sure. I tell you what did happen though half way through the film cause of the storm outside it brought the power out in the cinema and the film crashed. It was for about ten minutes but when they put it back on, I'd say five minutes of footage was missing.

Anyway good movie would recommend going to see it an 8/10 for me.

Complain and get free tickets.

Dawn of The Apes,good film,not worth seeing in 3d though,can't wait for the next movie in the series,Gary Oldman was underused .

I was actually going to mention that, i'm not sure if most of his material ended up on the directors cutting room floor but to be honest the build up you get in the trailer for his character you think he's going to be some sort of villain, but he's barely in it and his character offers nothing to the plot. Plus i think he's playing the role to similar to the role he played in the Batman movie.  

Edited by Leicesterpool

Watching Goldeneye on ITV2. Where are all the car chases and hundreds of baddies being shot by Bond. All it seems to be is a group of people sunning it up making poor jokes about sex and fancying blokes. I did miss the first 30 minutes and I don't fancy putting plus 1 just for five minutes action.

My favourite Bond film. Brilliant.

Yes but it wasn't Goldeneye. The listing info said it was but it was a film about a group of people on a tropical island retreat to resolve their relationships. Rubbish really.

Couples Retreat

Under the Skin. Starts off a bit weird and continues in the same vein throughout. No idea what any of it was supposed to mean so I suppose that was probably the point. A solid wtf/10 with bonus points for what may or may not have been Scarlett Johansson fully nude on several occasions.

Can't be bothered to look through all the pages to see if anyone has mentioned it before, but if you like vampire films (not twilight) give "let me in" a go. One of my favourite films and if you're serious about your cinema give the Swedish version a go, that's called "let the right one in".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Leeds_Fox95