Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

If you love testosterone stuffed down your throat along with an overwhelming sense of nostalgia, you need to go and watch The Expendables 3, as a big fan of action films, especially when Arnie or Sly are involved I'm all over it, but the expendables is just an all out war, i wouldn't say it matters too much if you haven't seen the first two, it may help a little to obviously be in tune wit the characters, its not exactly casablanca, but it'll keep you on the edge of your seat.

Recently watched Now You See Me, V For Vendetta, Constantine. All of which entertained me adequately.

Loved it when Guy Fawkes character used about 26 words that starts with the letter v!

Watched GI Joe 2 last week, enjoyed it. It made me think, there is a lot of snobbery towards action genre nowdays and I can see why with the overkill of cliches, predictable plots and paper thin characters but sometimes along come a movie that is just so ridiculous and entertaining that you can forgive its faults with GI Joe being one of them for me.

Not sure if it counts as a film but watching a two part drama on 4 about Houdini. Not bad

I think I know how the catching the bullet in teeth is done. Well at least with the rifle that was used when he did it for the Kaiser.

Edited by Rincewind

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched Mad City. Dustin Hoffman John Travolta. Not too bad. Hostage situation and  TV reporters using it for their advantage for media purpose.

Kevin Hollander: I'm who Americans trust for their news. (from a nation wide network trying to take over the story)

Max Brackett: You really shouldn't let a marketing slogan go your head.(from a small network first on the scene)