Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise,very similar to Source Code

Not quite. There's a 'stop disaster time loop' story similarity, but that's just about it. Watched EoT yesterday, and as much as I dislike Cruise, he's okay in this, and watching him dispatched many many times made it a much more enjoyable film than I was expecting.

Went to watch A Most Wanted Man tonight. Excellent stuff, stayed close to the plot, themes and atmosphere of the book. I imagine Philip Seymore Hoffman will come close to a posthumous Oscar win.

Looking forward to seeing this, and happy to hear it stays close to the plot of the book as I enjoyed reading it

Edited by Leicfox

Saw Gone Girl last night. It's had really mixed reviews - some have been 5 star and others have said it was a complete turkey.

I thought it was absolutely fantastic. I was gripped throughout.

The November Man- Not bad a solid 7/10. Don't know why it was called the november man, there's no reference why in the film.

This from a review:

"He is this fellow named Devereaux — and back in the day, when he showed up for an assignment, it was as if winter had hit. Everything was dead.Which explains why Devereaux was called “the November Man.”

This from a review:

"He is this fellow named Devereaux — and back in the day, when he showed up for an assignment, it was as if winter had hit. Everything was dead.Which explains why Devereaux was called “the November Man.”

I must have missed that bit.

Godzilla should be done under the trade description act

Definitely.  I was looking forward to watching guys paratroop into Tokyo to take out a giant lizard.   That and the horrific lack of any other original Kaiju really let the film's potential down.

For the james bond fans on here, there's rumours going around that the next Bond film could be a remake to the original 1967 bond film On Her Majesty Secret Service, how would people feel about that?

I'm glad about that. I've always liked the story, but George lets it down.

The cast list has been released for the upcoming big screen re-boot of Dad's Army. To be fair, I think they've got that about right, though I'm a tad dubious about the choice of director/writer :/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29536370

Quite looking forward to that coming out. Could be a huge flop, but the casting looks pretty spot on for me.