Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just watched wolf of Wall Street. What a cracking film.

Really is enjoyable, seeinga trading centre floor in wall street is certainly one on my bucket list.

In honour of the recently deceased Ben Bradlee, I just watched All The President's Men once more.

What a great movie - even close to 40 years later, the suspense gets me every single time.

Have you watched the other Pakula films of his 'paranoia trilogy'? Klute is excellent.

Just watched The Man With The Iron Fists.  It reviewed terribly and you can see why - lots of terrible editing and RZA simply shouldn't be acting, but even so I genuinely enjoyed it and would even go so far as recommending it.  Pure popcorn.

photo1.jpg

So, so good. It has a slow pace about it, little action, great characters and it'll get to you at the very end.

This movie is unbelievably beautiful and smart, I can watch it over and over again.

Heard it's meant to be very good.

Have you watched the other Pakula films of his 'paranoia trilogy'? Klute is excellent.

I have seen the exquisit Three Days Of The Condor multiple times (not by Pakula, I know; but just as suspenseful), but Klute is still on my to-watch list.

Edited by MC Prussian

Guest seanfox778

Just watched Equalibrium with Christian Bale, set in the future where the government control everything (even more so than now). Bale is a kind of agent who keeps people in line until he begins to question what he's doing. Thought it was fairly decent, had elements of the Matrix in. 7/10

Just seen fury. Would definitely recommend it even though the Americans have got it in their heads that they fought in Africa

They were fighting in North Africa from 1942. And saw it yesterday and loved it. Some of it was a very unrealistic though.

Guest seanfox778

Nightcrawler 8/10

Sort of like a dark satire on the way the news business works with some dark humour. Jake Gyllenhaal was very creepy in it, I didn't think he was the greatest actor but he was very good in this. I've heard he's good in Prisoners too but I've yet to see that one.