Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Saw the bank job the other day, surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Great film and the main bird was quite tasty I must admit. It also led to me doing a lot of research on bank robberies etc. 

75/100

Edited by Unabomber

Just watched Taken. Dead bodies all over the place.

Was an excellent movie. Non-stop action, good acting from Neeson.

As a father it's what you'd like to be able to do if anything happened to your own daughter.

Danny McBride is brilliant

this-is-the-end-poster-550x815.jpg

Heard that they are talking about doing a sequel but I think talks have stalled now. Some great ideas floating around (check their IMDB trivia section) so I am hoping that it will get made.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

Honestly there is no better cinematic achievement than the first 30 minutes of Saving Private Ryan.

Absolutely amazing isn't it? Actually gives you what must be a realistic portrayal of the landings.

Guest seanfox778

Watched the Gone Girl last night. Slightly underwhelming movie, yet unnerving that the wife sat up to watch it, and never does...

Let's hope she wasn't making notes.

I saw The Water Diviner the other day, Russell Crowe's directorial debut I believe. Was quite an absorbing drama set in WW1 times about a man with a sad family life (Crowe) heading to Turkey to find the remains of his 3 boys who died in the war, to bring them home for a proper burial. The stunning Olga Kurylenko also stars. Quite a beautiful film I thought and it was unique. 8/10

Edited by seanfox778

Absolutely amazing isn't it? Actually gives you what must be a realistic portrayal of the landings.

Painfully jarring. I read that during a private screening Stephen Ambrose - who wrote Band Of Brothers - had to have the film stopped after 20 minutes as it was all too real for him.