Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Interstellar was brilliant. The science wasn't 100% accurate, but it covered time dilation and FTL travel far better than most other Hollywood efforts. I actually gave the ending a pass because ridiculous as the whole bedroom signaling thing was, the inside of a black hole is the one area in the universe where anything is possible, so I think a little licence to use a deus ex machina there is actually reasonable.

I did particularly enjoy how they covered that 23 years had passed on their ship in the time it took then to explore the first planet, even though the true figure should have been higher. It's rare that time dilation gets even a vaguely accurate portrayal in big budget movies.

Birdman. Wow. If Keaton doesn't run away with all the Oscars he's been robbed.

Found the movie so boring. Sure to get an oscar like that crappy space movie.

John Wick. Very good film in the mould of Taken but better. Keanu Reeves even plays the role well despite being the most wooden actor in the history of mankind.

Good film Revenge film and very tongue in cheek making it nothing like Taken

So it's finally been confirmed. The dreadful news we all knew was going to happen, has now officially happened. The new Ghostbusters film's cast has been announced, as well as the new director, Peter Feig, who directed Bridesmaids. I have now died a little bit inside.

Melissa FVCKING McCarthy!!! Just why? Why would anyone think this was a good idea? After so many years of Akroyd trying to get this film to go ahead, and now it finally does, but in this abomination?! I don't even think my sentences are making any sense now, I can't even think straight.

If it's going to happen, they could at least brand it a reboot, rather than Ghostbusters 3, which will just be offensive to the previous 2.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/ghostbusters-reboot-sets-all-female-cast-release-date-20150128

EDIT: Oh, and I saw American Sniper last night. Solid 7/10, a good film, though nothing spectacular and you can see half of the plot turns coming a mile off. Worth a watch if it's on in future, but I wouldn't suggest going out of your way to see it.

Edited by Darkon84

Melissa FVCKING McCarthy!!! Just why? Why would anyone think this was a good idea?

Many people confuse fat with funny. There have been some very funny fat comedians and very funny fat comedic actors, Melissa McCarthy is neither. Just obese and noisy. Very different matter.

• Like 3