Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched The Zero Theorem the other day.  Weirdest film I think I ever watched.  some great performances, especially enjoyed Christoph Waltz, and David Thewlis

Enjoyed it immensely,  even if I hardly had a clue what as going on for most of it, but I guess thats Terry Gilliam for you

Guest seanfox778

Ghostbusters 3 sounds like it'll be horrendous. Love the original films. I saw Tracers the other day, it was like the first Fast and the Furious film but without cars, it wasn't great.

Really want to see Foxcatcher, Whiplash, Ex Machina and Birdman. I really want the new Terminator to be good but I feel as though it'll be like the 3rd one again, it annoys me that they'd rather make a film that more people will see rather than a decent film that has an 18 rating if you know what I mean. For instance Taken was an 18 and it was brutal and exciting with a dangerous situation and it felt more real then the 12 rated sequels which were far fetched and and had limited violence and obviously aimed at a wider audience (I'm not some violence craving nut job by the way). I know it's the studios who put the pressure on directors to alter films so they get a lower rating but they would still make a profit and make a better movie if they just let the film production get on with it.

That Fantastic Four trailer looks great, far better than the crappy ones that again were very kid friendly.

post-1100-0-43203500-1422669620_thumb.jp

Ghostbusters 3 sounds like it'll be horrendous. Love the original films. I saw Tracers the other day, it was like the first Fast and the Furious film but without cars, it wasn't great.

Really want to see Foxcatcher, Whiplash, Ex Machina and Birdman. I really want the new Terminator to be good but I feel as though it'll be like the 3rd one again, it annoys me that they'd rather make a film that more people will see rather than a decent film that has an 18 rating if you know what I mean. For instance Taken was an 18 and it was brutal and exciting with a dangerous situation and it felt more real then the 12 rated sequels which were far fetched and and had limited violence and obviously aimed at a wider audience (I'm not some violence craving nut job by the way). I know it's the studios who put the pressure on directors to alter films so they get a lower rating but they would still make a profit and make a better movie if they just let the film production get on with it.

That Fantastic Four trailer looks great, far better than the crappy ones that again were very kid friendly.

Totally correct regarding the new Ghostbusters film (see a few comments above). It's going to happen now, nothing we can do, but the only thing I hoped might happen was that they would distance themselves from the brilliant previous ones and name this abomination a reboot, rather than a sequel, though it doesn't look like it's happening :( 

Foxcatcher is a MUST for me, I really need to see it. The others you mentioned too are high up the list, so good taste there, great minds etc! Actually, I share the same view with the Fantastic 4 trailer. It doesn't look incredible, but it's a start and looks far more gritty and real, and better than the camp effort previously. 

I too, wish that more directors etc would make films because they want to make a good film, rather than pandering to the needs of certain crowd dynamics or in order to reach a broad spectrum to make as much money as possible. Come on guys! What happened to being creative and doing what YOU wanted to do?! Just make a damn good film, how you want to, and **** what people say! We need someone to take a stand like that to bring back that kind of thinking to the industry! 

Rant over lol 

Guest seanfox778

Totally correct regarding the new Ghostbusters film (see a few comments above). It's going to happen now, nothing we can do, but the only thing I hoped might happen was that they would distance themselves from the brilliant previous ones and name this abomination a reboot, rather than a sequel, though it doesn't look like it's happening :( 

Foxcatcher is a MUST for me, I really need to see it. The others you mentioned too are high up the list, so good taste there, great minds etc! Actually, I share the same view with the Fantastic 4 trailer. It doesn't look incredible, but it's a start and looks far more gritty and real, and better than the camp effort previously. 

I too, wish that more directors etc would make films because they want to make a good film, rather than pandering to the needs of certain crowd dynamics or in order to reach a broad spectrum to make as much money as possible. Come on guys! What happened to being creative and doing what YOU wanted to do?! Just make a damn good film, how you want to, and **** what people say! We need someone to take a stand like that to bring back that kind of thinking to the industry! 

Rant over lol

I agree, it's unbelievable that they've named it Ghostbusters 3. I think I'll throw up if I see a dvd trilogy boxeset released haha.

It used to be directors that called the shots and made what they like, for me I think the turning point came in the early 2000's when studios just started going crazy with sequels and reboots, it literally feels like all of Hollywood sat in a room and were like "ok guys we've used up every film idea possible, let's remake 'em all!" It doesn't feel like there's many up and coming directors either.