Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Toy Story 4 surely must be the greatest crime in the history of Hollywood. The ending in Toy Story 3 was absolutely spot on! 

Watched The Grey last night- a solid 8.5/10. Really enjoyed it. 

Edited by The Blur

Alien Resurrection - 7/20 - Really Alien 3 and 4 were such a mess and nearly ruined one of my favourite film franchises, but then we had...

Prometheus - 38/41. Love this flick.

What did you think to the Alien vs Predator films.

Eh... You actually liked Promethueus? :huh:

Must watch, sums up everything wrong with it:

Didn't just like Prometheus, I loved Prometheus, along with Star Wars, Prometheus 2 is my most hotly anticipated upcoming film. Honest Trailers/Cinemasins also have videos that absolutely slate The Matrix, The Fifth Element, The Dark Knight, Toy Story, Inception, Skyfall, Jurassic Park, The Wizard of Oz, Django, Taken, Planet of the Apes. The list is endless, basically they rip on every film, it's a parody. I love the Alien Franchise and Prometheus was a great addition to it imo, far outdoing anything that had come since Aliens. May be an unpopular opinion and yes the film wasn't perfect, but a lot of the most common complaints with it miss the point of the film by a mile. It gets a 7/10 on IMDB, certainly not a disgrace. To each their own.

What did you think to the Alien vs Predator films.

First one was decent enough imo, but doesn't hold a candle to Alien, Aliens or Prometheus. I love both the original Predator films, Predator is an absolute classic and Predator 2 very under rated imo. Predators, meh, didn't feel there was really any need for it. The less said about AVP2 the better.

Interstellar

It was long and a little silly, and matthew mcconaughey was his usual annoying self, plus it had some incredible cringy dialogue.  Apart from that it was ok :D , amazed by all the rave reviews.

4/10.

Edited by purpleronnie

First one was decent enough imo, but doesn't hold a candle to Alien, Aliens or Prometheus. I love both the original Predator films, Predator is an absolute classic and Predator 2 very under rated imo. Predators, meh, didn't feel there was really any need for it. The less said about AVP2 the better.

This might interest you,an Alien reboot possibly?

http://www.gamesradar.com/neill-blomkamps-alien-movie-may-happen/

This might interest you,an Alien reboot possibly?

http://www.gamesradar.com/neill-blomkamps-alien-movie-may-happen/

Not a fan of the concept art I've seen from him but district 9 is a good flick. I'm more interested in the prometheus sequel but if they make this reboot I'd love to see it, just feel Ripley has been a car crash in terms of development as a character with alien resurrection.

Going to be played by a young actor in the new movies,Logan Lehrman favourite

Or Dylan O'Brien. I think both are great shouts. Logan was excellent in Perks of being a wallflower and I liked Dylan in The Internship. I would have prefer Andrew to carry on though.