Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched the Equaliser and The Guest.

Denzel makes the Equaliser which was good but I really enjoyed The Guest too, it has an 80s/90s vibe and the lead actor is really good at playing a character that is not quite right.

I thought The Guest was very good until the ending - bit of a daft conclusion for me.

Tinkerbell and the Legend of the Neverbeast:

I've now seen a couple of these and they are pretty good (with Lassater as an executive producer what would you expect?) but this one has probably one of the most depressing endings for a film (let alone kids film)... I'm an emotional wreck... :cry:

I have to watch this stuff on repeat. Just downloading the Neverbeast one now for the rotation.

Joy.

Absolutely buzzing for Chappie now. Hope it's not a flop. Yolandi Visser. :wub:

im hearing good things about that too! 

i have saw birdman and all i can say is you can tell the oscars is not about the best film but the best lobbying department. 

birdman is a fantastic cinematographic film (well deserving of that oscar and the director oscar) but best film? no. I would have swayed to Boyhood more than Birdman. 

Glad to see american sniper fall though. shame about the imitation game. 

im hearing good things about that too! 

i have saw birdman and all i can say is you can tell the oscars is not about the best film but the best lobbying department. 

birdman is a fantastic cinematographic film (well deserving of that oscar and the director oscar) but best film? no. I would have swayed to Boyhood more than Birdman. 

Glad to see american sniper fall though. shame about the imitation game.

Boyhood was a god awful film - great concept, shit execution.

*insert not sure if serious or trolling picture here*

OK, not ALL films about films are terrible.

However, I find the back slapping, self serving film industry really annoying. And the fact that the people care deeply about these 'stars' and will attach value to what they say or do is ridiculous.

Admittedly, it's better than caring what the idiots of TOWIE, BB, Geordie Shore etc have to say.

My wife watches E News and tells me what Kim Kardashian is doing. I really don't care!!

These people have a voice and could make significant change in the world. Yet people obsess over what they had for breakfast.

I was tempted by Birdman, I just missed it. Your endorsement isn't that encouraging, though, Peuts. I tend to associate you with bland, generic, indie-chic hipster flicks that are trying a bit too hard to be kooky.

This isn't that, but you're fair in the assumption that my usual type is a bit of nonsense mumblecore hipster shit. But then we all **** a fat bird some times. 

I have 259 films in my IMDB watchlist with names like The Do Deca Pentathlon, Ballard of the Whiskey Robber and Magic Mike XXL.