Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I thought American Sniper was really dull. The ending was the only part that piqued my interest, other than that it was bog standard, oh looking going to war involves killing people but oh look, us Americans have a moral conscience while doing it and oh look, we Americans are so brave and heroic USA USA rhetoric.

Huge yawnfest.

Boyhood was a god awful film - great concept, shit execution.

i havent seen american sniper yet and the mrs watched the theory of everything without me but out of the rest of the nominations for best picture i really loved the imitation game. shame benedict lost out. 

I thought American Sniper was really dull. The ending was the only part that piqued my interest, other than that it was bog standard, oh looking going to war involves killing people but oh look, us Americans have a moral conscience while doing it and oh look, we Americans are so brave and heroic USA USA rhetoric.

Huge yawnfest.

Yeah, massive propaganda - join the war you'll be like this guy. Similar to that other film last year where they kept jumping down cliffs 'Lone Survivor'. Edited by lgfualol

Films about films?

Adaptation. An understated Nic Cage. Nuff said.

The Player. Tim Robbins excellent satire.

Barton Fink. Coens. One of their best! If you haven't seen it. Get it seen.

Argo. Technically a film about a film.

Bowfinger. A diamond in Eddie Murphy's steaming log of a recent career. 

The Artist. Oscar winner. Throw back to the coming of the talkie and change of industry, a bit like Singin in the Rain.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Surely they're not all shit?

Huge yawnfest.

I made the same mistake too, I also assumed American Sniper would be about cross cultural relationships and lots of cuddles.

I made the same mistake too, I also assumed American Sniper would be about cross cultural relationships and lots of cuddles.

Missing the point a bit there, my grievance with those types of movies isn't that they're about war but that Americans always have to be the ultimate heroes winning the good battle against evil. They're just a bit predictable.

Missing the point a bit there, my grievance with those types of movies isn't that they're about war but that Americans always have to be the ultimate heroes winning the good battle against evil. They're just a bit predictable.

Makes them unwatchable, I can only bare to watch Vietnam war movies because they didn't win that one, and they actually show American weakness which is rare.

Huge yawnfest.

Yep, I thought exactly the same. USA tough guy kills foreign baddy with scarred face, innovative...

Although I think Cooper did a really good job with it.