Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Missing the point a bit there, my grievance with those types of movies isn't that they're about war but that Americans always have to be the ultimate heroes winning the good battle against evil. They're just a bit predictable.

It's called AMERICAN sniper. It does what it says on the tin.

But if I am allowed to dislike films about films, you can dislike American war films that force feed patriotism.

Edited by Merging Cultures

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/eddie-ray-routh-convicted-of-killing-american-sniper-chris-kyle/ar-BBhWpZh?ocid=mailsignoutmd

Eddie Ray Routh convicted of killing 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle

A former US Marine has been sentenced to life in prison for killing ex-Navy SEAL Chris Kyle and his friend Chad Littlefield. Kyle's life inspired the film "American Sniper."

A Texas jury found ex-Marine Eddie Ray Routh guilty of murdering Chris Kyle (pictured above), the man who inspired the Oscar-nominated film "American Sniper" and his friend Chad Littlefield, dismissing the defense's assertion that Routh was not guilty by reason of insanity.

The verdict came down late on Tuesday after about two hours of deliberations and Eddie Ray Routh was sentence to life in prison. Routh, 27, admitted to the murders of the famed Navy SEAL, known as the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history, and Littlefield, but pleaded not guilty. A defense witness testified that Routh suffered from schizophrenia and was in a psychotic state at the time of the murders.

On February 2, 2013, Kyle and Littlefield took Routh, another former soldier who had deployed to Iraq and Haiti, to a shooting range at the behest of his mother, who asked Kyle to help her son cope with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Routh shot both of them from behind at the range.

He then stole Kyle's pickup truck and purchased tacos at a drive-through window and ran assorted errands, which the defense categorized as clearly delusional behavior. The prosecution countered that the way Routh waited for Kyle to empty his gun, and the subsequent high-speed chase he led police officers on indicated that he "knew it was wrong."

According to the Dallas Morning News, at one point on Tuesday defense attorney R. Shay Isham mentioned that Routh's mother was asked repeatedly why she didn't tell Kyle about the extent of Routh's mental illness, causing Kyle's widow to storm out of the courtroom.

The prosecution consistently painted Routh as a troubled drug user who knew right from wrong, despite any mental illnesses. While trial testimony and evidence often included Routh making odd statements and referring to insanity, he also confessed several times, apologized for the crimes and tried to evade police.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/eddie-ray-routh-convicted-of-killing-american-sniper-chris-kyle/ar-BBhWpZh?ocid=mailsignoutmd

Eddie Ray Routh convicted of killing 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle

A former US Marine has been sentenced to life in prison for killing ex-Navy SEAL Chris Kyle and his friend Chad Littlefield. Kyle's life inspired the film "American Sniper."

A Texas jury found ex-Marine Eddie Ray Routh guilty of murdering Chris Kyle (pictured above), the man who inspired the Oscar-nominated film "American Sniper" and his friend Chad Littlefield, dismissing the defense's assertion that Routh was not guilty by reason of insanity.

The verdict came down late on Tuesday after about two hours of deliberations and Eddie Ray Routh was sentence to life in prison. Routh, 27, admitted to the murders of the famed Navy SEAL, known as the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history, and Littlefield, but pleaded not guilty. A defense witness testified that Routh suffered from schizophrenia and was in a psychotic state at the time of the murders.

On February 2, 2013, Kyle and Littlefield took Routh, another former soldier who had deployed to Iraq and Haiti, to a shooting range at the behest of his mother, who asked Kyle to help her son cope with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Routh shot both of them from behind at the range.

He then stole Kyle's pickup truck and purchased tacos at a drive-through window and ran assorted errands, which the defense categorized as clearly delusional behavior. The prosecution countered that the way Routh waited for Kyle to empty his gun, and the subsequent high-speed chase he led police officers on indicated that he "knew it was wrong."

According to the Dallas Morning News, at one point on Tuesday defense attorney R. Shay Isham mentioned that Routh's mother was asked repeatedly why she didn't tell Kyle about the extent of Routh's mental illness, causing Kyle's widow to storm out of the courtroom.

The prosecution consistently painted Routh as a troubled drug user who knew right from wrong, despite any mental illnesses. While trial testimony and evidence often included Routh making odd statements and referring to insanity, he also confessed several times, apologized for the crimes and tried to evade police.

I wonder if they'll change the ending of the film now?

Watching a film on BBC2 called Doubt. cant  watch films about RC schools without wanting to shout out hypocrites. Well not just RC although it is normally just one individual who is the nasty one.

Merlle Streep is in it which helps.

Edited by Rincewind

Guest seanfox778

The Zero Theorem by Terry Gilliam. Very sexy visuals, think it was brilliant but was a bit of a Gilliam mind bender. 88/105

Interstellar. Very decent but preferred Contact. 9.265643/10

I watched The Zero Theorem the other day, I did enjoy it even though I didn't really understand it. I got the same feeling after watching Brazil, they're both just visually stimulating almost as if you're watching a dream.

Hunger Games Mockingjay part 1. I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise but I thought this was a cinematic abomination. Two hours where nothing happens. No wonder Philip Seymour Hoffman killed himself shortly after.

Don't worry, it will pick up in the second part. 

Hunger Games Mockingjay part 1. I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise but I thought this was a cinematic abomination. Two hours where nothing happens. No wonder Philip Seymour Hoffman killed himself shortly after.

While I agree with the first half of this post, have a bloody word.

Guest seanfox778

The Crow....probably one of the best films I've seen in a while....cant believe i hadn't watched it before.

given the are going to remake the film they better not screw it up

I love The Crow, great revenge film. Why remake it? It's only 21 years old! Come up with something new!

Brick Mansions,American remake of District 13,one of the lead actors is in both versions and is the only thing good about both of them

I didn't realise it was a remake when I started watching it, spent the 1st half an hour going "I've seen this before, but I haven't seen that before, but I've definitely seen that before, but that feels new" etc before it finally clicked. lol

And yes, terrible film.  The 1st one was awesome though.

Guest seanfox778

That's the one about the teacher right? Watched it and was a decent film.

Yup that's the one! First time I'd seen James Caan in a long time.