Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

You are aware that he has created the franchise in the first place?

The film franchise yes, every franchise he touches he fvcks it up! He's been part/his production company in some of the worst franchise fvck ups going.. Transformers, Turtles, Friday The 13th, A Nightmare On Elm Street

The film franchise yes, every franchise he touches he fvcks it up! He's been part/his production company in some of the worst franchise fvck ups going.. Transformers, Turtles, Friday The 13th, A Nightmare On Elm Street

I'd hardly call Transformers a **** up, it is the fourth most financially successful film franchise in history and about to be expanded into a 'universe'. In fact I'd go so far as to say all the films you list cannot be classified as **** ups from a business standpoint. TMNT took as much as the previous 3 films combined and is slated for a 'sequel' in 2016, he squeezed another three Chainsaw films out of the franchise, Elm Street had been comprehensively 'franchised out' but he still squeezed yet more profit out of it and it is the second highest grossing film in the series.

I'd hardly call Transformers a **** up, it is the fourth most financially successful film franchise in history and about to be expanded into a 'universe'. In fact I'd go so far as to say all the films you list cannot be classified as **** ups from a business standpoint. TMNT took as much as the previous 3 films combined and is slated for a 'sequel' in 2016, he squeezed another three Chainsaw films out of the franchise, Elm Street had been comprehensively 'franchised out' but he still squeezed yet more profit out of it and it is the second highest grossing film in the series.

As a business standpoint yeah fine, as a messing with the origins, fvcking up the characters, pissing over the fans standpoint then he royally fvcks it up!

Unfortunately it is all about the money though & when thing's do well, then more shite gets churned out from him

As a business standpoint yeah fine, as a messing with the origins, fvcking up the characters, pissing over the fans standpoint then he royally fvcks it up!

Unfortunately it is all about the money though & when thing's do well, then more shite gets churned out from him

'Twas ever thus

Guest seanfox778

Finally watched Guardians Of The Galaxy the other day, best superhero movie ever in my opinion

"I am groot"

Amazing soundtrack too.

Undoubtedly, he makes films which critics hate but weirdly the public love.

When I say the public I mean teenage boys. Cars, guns, explosions and underwear models.

lol That's brilliant and totally right. There's a few Michael Bay digs in here too from the guys at ERB

Finally watched Guardians Of The Galaxy the other day, best superhero movie ever in my opinion

"I am groot"

I'm not a superhero movie fan at all, in fact they are mostly utter shit (recently had to turn off the second Thor film and the second Captain America films... utter gash). But I really enjoyed Guardians Of The Galaxy, had a bit of originality to it and lots of humour so it didn't seem like another paint by numbers superhero film.

Interstellar

What a film, absolutely loved it.

One of those films that will stay on my mind for days and weeks afterwards. I love space and science so it was always going to be on to a winner with me. Yeah it goes a bit bonkers at the end, but seeing as we don't know

What's in a black hole

then a can live with the leap of faith they use. And when you needed to take that leap with the film, they mix in the more emotional stuff so it's somewhat at the back of your mind anyway.

I don't mind admitting a had a lump in my throat during the final 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Also watched Interstellar for he first time yesterday. Not the biggest fan of Anne Hathaway but thought she was great in this, as was McConaughey.

Visually it the best film I've seen for a long time. 

Considering it was nearly three hours long, I was left wanting more and hardly even thought about how long I'd been sat on my arse!

I'm not a superhero movie fan at all, in fact they are mostly utter shit (recently had to turn off the second Thor film and the second Captain America films... utter gash). But I really enjoyed Guardians Of The Galaxy, had a bit of originality to it and lots of humour so it didn't seem like another paint by numbers superhero film.

Must admit I'm quite a superhero geek but alot of superhero films have been badly handled.. GOTG was a breath of fresh air, can't wait for part 2

I always think of The Mist as incredibly Lovecraft, almost like the story he never wrote, very good little story by King and a decent adaptation for the screen. That ending though, not a fan of that. Also love the picture of Roland he is painting at the start, lovely little nod to The Dark Tower.

Edited by Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Remember seeing an interview with King saying that he would not see the movie made with out his ending, think it might have been on the DVD, think he was right too since the ending was twistfully dark :)

Was it dark? or was it one of hope and a message that you should never give up.

I'm sure there's an alternative ending out there somewhere that's the same/similar to the one in the novella, story was all about atmosphere and unease, something the ending to the film completely smacked in the face. Skeleton Crew is a great collection.

He also personally remade The Shining (for tv) and it was utter bobbins. Sometimes he has some okay ideas and it takes a craftsman to take them to another level.

Darabont also made The Green Mile, which I'm led to believe is fairly close to the novel.

Also Darabont took a short story 'Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption and went on to make one of most moving of King's adaptations hands down.