Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Saw Drive a couple of nights ago. Very disappointed, I'd heard good things 

I'll second that.   Watched Fright Night remake, I actually loved it.  Got a new man crush on Colin Firth, he has been in some good movies and turning around his career lately- this, A Winter's Tale and In Bruges. Imogen Poots is really impressive as well!

I'll second that.   Watched Fright Night remake, I actually loved it.  Got a new man crush on Colin Firth, he has been in some good movies and turning around his career lately- this, A Winter's Tale and In Bruges. Imogen Poots is really impressive as well!

Colin Firth's not in any of those films.

I really liked Drive

The protagonist did and said sod all 99% of the time and then turned into a killer marine at the creek of a doorknob, he didnt exude confidence and just seemed creepy to me. The sets were sterile and bland, the script was terrible and the story was stupid.

I really wanted to like it. Saw an ad for Only God Forgives and thought if Drive is any good I'll watch that too: No chance

I have made a howler- I meant Colin Farrell lol

;)

TBF Colin Firth's not done too bad either.  Used to think he was a boring old sod, but he was cool as in Kingsman.

Edited by Carl the Llama

The protagonist did and said sod all 99% of the time and then turned into a killer marine at the creek of a doorknob, he didnt exude confidence and just seemed creepy to me. The sets were sterile and bland, the script was terrible and the story was stupid.

I really wanted to like it. Saw an ad for Only God Forgives and thought if Drive is any good I'll watch that too: No chance

Drive was great. It's about the style of the movie really rather than the story. Only God Forgives is terrible though.

Watched the new Mad Max last night, the actual story line wasn't great, but if you want to see 2 hours of car chases (in some pretty epic cars), fighting and stuff blowing up then its definitely a good film.

Watched the new Mad Max movie, if you enjoyed the second movie then you will certainly enjoy it.

It is over the top balls to the wall ridiculously stylised action, basically the fight scene from the end of MM2 stretched to breaking point.

p162564_d_v7_aa.jpg

I've just watched The Departed. It was ok but a bit of a shit ending.

They just killed everyone off :unsure:

Second time I've watched in a while, great movie but as you say a rushed ending. Spoiler below*

Leonardo Di Caprio's death comes quite sudden. Could have easily stretched this to a sequel, ended the film straight after Jack Nicholson character is killed off and have in the sequel Leonardo Di Caprio and Mark Wahlberg going after the insider.

Edited by DB11

Watching  a delayed recording of Made in Dagenham. Set in the 60's about a group of women striking for equal rights and pay at the Dagenham Ford car company They are not made there now.

The one who played Barbra Castle was good  (Miranda Richardson).

A year later  the equal pay  act was brought in. The owners of Ford objected to  equal pay threatening to  take  business out  of Britain but the Company is now used as an example for relationship changes in cooperation between employer and employee.

If the women had not stuck to their guns who knows how long it would have taken for equal pay to come in?

Barbra Castle got them to go back by pledging the act would happen. Would a male minister had done it?

Edited by Rincewind

Watched Mad Max last night. Fantastic film, really good. You need to not be expecting any plot or common sense and if you want great acting and dialogue then watch something else.

It's just a two hour car chase with a ridiculous amount of explosions. Makes the average Michael Bay film look like Driving Miss Daisy.