Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched Mad Max last night. Fantastic film, really good. You need to not be expecting any plot or common sense and if you want great acting and dialogue then watch something else.

It's just a two hour car chase with a ridiculous amount of explosions. Makes the average Michael Bay film look like Driving Miss Daisy.

Micheal Bay can only dream of making a movie like this lol

The adverts before the movie actually looked good too, the new Poltergeist and Jurassic World extended adverts looked quite interesting.

I'm a big Jurassic Park fan (third is absolute toss but I've still seen it umpteen times) so I'm looking forward to the new one. It looks well made and well cast.

Think the extended trailer gives far too much away though. They're not leaving much to the imagination which is essential to Jurassic Park really.

Guest seanfox778

I'm a big Jurassic Park fan (third is absolute toss but I've still seen it umpteen times) so I'm looking forward to the new one. It looks well made and well cast.

Think the extended trailer gives far too much away though. They're not leaving much to the imagination which is essential to Jurassic Park really.

I refuse to watch trailers of films I want to see these days unless it's a teaser, they do give away too much.

I refuse to watch trailers of films I want to see these days unless it's a teaser, they do give away too much.

Me too.

Also hate the present day fad of showing you what's going to happen in the next episode of a series (or worse still a preview at the begiing of the episode).

poster212x312.jpeg

A husband (Morgan Freeman) and wife (Diane Keaton) spend a hectic weekend pondering the sale of the apartment they've shared for more than 40 years.

Watched this load of tripe last night with the Mrs. Why I let her choose the films is beyond me but even she didn't like it.  :thumbup:

This fella gives reasons why the new Jurassic is shite in comparison to its predecessors and generally why new cgi movies are in the majority utter shite.

Guest seanfox778

Watched Transformers 3, I swear the sequels are all the same film. I thought the first one was ok but the other three are like watching a video game for 2.5 hours, there's nothing exciting about CGI car robots bashing into each other for ages. Mainly because you know they don't feel any pain. No Megan Fox is annoying too.

Rah rah stuff was better than it is now original always better rah rah general intellectual snobbery / nostalgia wanking. Whatever.

Regards trailers, unless I stick my fingers in my ears and close my eyes it's a little difficult. I see a lot in the cinema and absolutely hate arriving late... because I'm a neurotic twat.

Guest seanfox778

Just watched Explorers with Ethan Hawke and River Pheonix. Don't know how I missed that growing up, it's a cool sci-fi adventure film about 3 boys who mange to build a space ship. Really liked it.

post-1100-0-30594000-1432219091_thumb.jp

Edited by seanfox778

Rah rah stuff was better than it is now original always better rah rah general intellectual snobbery / nostalgia wanking. Whatever.

Regards trailers, unless I stick my fingers in my ears and close my eyes it's a little difficult. I see a lot in the cinema and absolutely hate arriving late... because I'm a neurotic twat.

It's not always the case. I think the link was fair about films that have succeeded, and actually pointed out that the sequels did have redeemed qualities. Given that Trevorrow's background is CGI is not asking too much to make it realistic when it's necessary to.

On Horror channel now Nude Nuns with Big

Guns.

Anyone seen it?

A  lesbian serial killer nun. Different.  Modern day spagetti western.

Edited by Rincewind