Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

glad i spent £9.40 on Jurassic World i loved it! if you do as the producers wanted and forgot about the lost world and 3 and saw this as a direct sequel it works so well!

and there is a full blown dino fight towards the end that is fantastic! 

So glad to read this. I'm looking forward to it as I was such a dino freak and JP obsessive as a child. I've heard some other good things about this one so fingers crossed. If only it had some Jeff Goldblum in it though!

glad i spent £9.40 on Jurassic World i loved it! if you do as the producers wanted and forgot about the lost world and 3 and saw this as a direct sequel it works so well!

and there is a full blown dino fight towards the end that is fantastic! 

Agreed, I went to see it last night and I thought it was pretty damn good. Not quite the same experience as watching the first Jurassic Park movie, but definitely better than the lost world or the 3rd movie. 

Guest seanfox778

The first Hobbit  film is  on ITV  now. Pity it will be ruined  by  ads. I have it on DVD as well as the second. Just waiting for the final one to be released.

I'm pretty sure it's available now.

I watched Kingsman the other day and I really enjoyed it.

I've also decided I'm going to make a concerted effort to watch 100 films before the end of the year. A nod to Doug Loves Movies but also as a way to monitor how many films I watch. Gonna start today with a flick called Obvious Child.

I've got unopened DVDs everywhere and I need a kick to watch them.

Edited by General Smuts

2/100 - Premature - 7/10

Groundhog Day meets American Pie by way of a Paris Hilton movie. And completely cliché and unwatchable and I loved it. Craig Roberts from Submarine is both amazing and terrible in it. The antithesis pallet cleanse to Obvious Child.

That upcoming Matt Damon film about being left alone in space looks decent, just a shame it's a Matt Damon film.

Has to be better than the Sandra Bullock left alone in space one.

Watched Jurassic World today - non-stop action.

blue is a hero

I thought it was very good, prior to the film I was a little apprehensive purely because when I'd seen the trailer, there was nothing there i got excited about. I was very sad to hear none of the original cast of the first film were not appearing, and I still thought they could have some sort of role for them in this.

Anyway It was good, it was very intense and really recaptured what we got in the first film. The sequels were pretty crap and we were overdue a good sequel to that. Performances were good, Chris Pratt played his role well and played a good like Zookeeper and from his performance in this I can see why he's being tipped to be the next Indy.

Bryce Dallas Howard, wow she looked good but I found her performance a little bit shaky at times. For once they got child actors that could actually act, the kids in film I think did a good job.

Anyway it is a must see and probably worth paying extra to seeing it in 3D.

I would say it was a 7.5/10

Edited by Leicesterpool

"Houston, we have a problem."

"What is it, Sandra?"

"Nothing."

"If there's a problem you have to tell us."

"It's just that..."

lol

Or even better,

"Houston, we have a problem."

"What is it?"

"Don't pretend like you don't know."

3/100 - The Spectacular Now - 9/10

More like Spectacular Wow. Great teen flick. It's made so well and the lead really hits close to home as a character I can identify with. Love Miles Teller - complete contrast to his focused Whiplash performance. A well meaning stunted adolescent asshat who has no idea what to do with his life. He's exactly who I was at 17 selfish, confident, destructive and so blindingly stupid it's painful to watch at times.

Way too much drinking and driving is my only criticism.

Can't recommend this flick enough. It swings so close to standard teen movie tropes and for the most part veers away from them until the closing voiceover wrap up. But I'm a sucker for a warm and fuzzy John Hughes nod.