Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

If you are going to do 100 of these, you need to mix it up a bit. Do the next one like Leicesterpool.

lol Love how Leicesterpool was the post straight after this and just ignored it.

Jurassic World - cheesy, light-hearted action but found myself enjoying it anyway. 7/10.

I enjoyed Jurrassic World, they did just about enough to get away with it without ruining the original story. The trailer for Terminator came on too, it looks dreadful, they've completely ****ed it up.

The Terminator trailer have done the same with what they did with Salvation by giving too much away again.

Edited by Leicesterpool

6/100 - Adult Beginners - 8/10

Really enjoying these indie comedies with casts of TV actors I like. Love Nick Kroll in The League and was expecting an out and out comedy like that. This was a way more subtle family flick filled with mid life crises and it was great. Some real laugh out loud moments.

Watched Gascoigne documentary- I already read his book so I knew most of the stories but it was still interesting to see these being recounted on the screen.  Loved ostrich and bus story! I thought contributors apart from Lineker was rubbish- Rooney just bleated on about how great he was and Mourinho was not much better expect for his story about watching the FA Cup final where Gascoigne got injured. Lineker on the other hand was an excellent contributor and I loved how animated he got sometimes. I think they should have asked Terry Venables.

It was also good to see Gascoigne looking fairly healthy compared to past few years. It was bit annoying that they cut away to a shot of Gascoigne and others rubbing their eyes or making other gestures a lot.  I know it is to capture emotion but the documentary makers overdid it. 

Edited by The Blur

I also watched the Gascoigne doc. Great footage from the most talented English footballer ever, but as a documentary it was a bit crap. As Blur points out, getting Mourinho and Rooney as talking heads was a bit odd. And to be honest I could have done with subtitles to understand Gazza himself.