Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

12/100 - Fury - 8/10

Had really low expectations for this flick as in my memory the trailer made it look like it was Brad Pitt and the kid from Percy Jackson waiting to die in a broken tank for 2 hours. Was pleasantly surprised with how good this was. Gritty and filthy and really tense. Well worth a watch.

12/100 - Fury - 8/10

Had really low expectations for this flick as in my memory the trailer made it look like it was Brad Pitt and the kid from Percy Jackson waiting to die in a broken tank for 2 hours. Was pleasantly surprised with how good this was. Gritty and filthy and really tense. Well worth a watch.

The Tiger tank used in the movie was actually a real Tiger borrowed from the British tank museum, saw this on the big screen and even though the finale is way over the top it was quite enjoyable if dark, would be a good accompaniment to Saving Private Ryan.

Managed to watch a few films after I've finished my exams...

Taken 3 was alright. Better than 2 but not as good as 1. Neeson was good again but was pretty much a bog standard action film.

Kingsman was very good fun to watch. The Church scene was ridiculous. Fan of it. 

Wasn't keen on Foxcatcher, just never got going. Steve Carell is excellent as Du Pont though.

American Sniper was very good, had a bit of everything. Totally bought the hype about it. Fitting tribute to Chris Kyle.

Whiplash is phenomenal. If you haven't seen it do try and watch it. Compelling viewing

Just finished Mad Max: Fury Road though and it's topped everything I've watched recently. Everything about it is absolutely stunning. 

Edited by Narborough_fox

Guest seanfox778

Creed trailer..

[/YOUTUBE][/size]

[/YOUTUBE][/size]

Should've just finished after the last one, doesn't feel like a Rocky film at all.

I saw Terminator Genesis today. For what it's worth I absolutely love the original two films, 3 & 4 I wasn't so keen on. I went into this expecting to be disappointed but I was very impressed and really entertained, it actually felt like a proper Terminator film, sure it's not going to be a masterpiece but I don't think it could've been done much better. You can tell they paid close attention to what made the first two films so great and used that to good effect. Sarah Connor isn't as badass as T2 but her hotness more than makes up for it. I just wish it was a 15 rating and a bit more darker, 12a should not be the rating for a Terminator film. 7.5/10.

Watched Threads earlier, British film from the 80's about a nuclear attack on the UK, but the story is centred around Sheffield. A bit dated but a great film. They showed us this at school back in the day. Scared the shit out of me.

Edited by separator

I would love to see your face during each subsequent Rocky film while they get progressively more awful.

Nah, Balboa is definitely better than 3, 4, 5.

really? no stand out films equal or surpass the original? thats a shame

If you want something that feels like a proper film then yeah, the original is the best by quite a margin (though the last one is pretty good). 4 stands out for how ridiculous it is even though it's a bit rubbish (it's pretty much all montage - http://fathom.info/rocky/), but it's a fun ride. 5 is just plain terrible.

Guest seanfox778

I would love to see your face during each subsequent Rocky film while they get progressively more awful.

Come on man! 3 & 4 are great! Great macho films haha. Don't tell me you weren't jumping off the sofa during the last bout with Mr. T.?

Guest seanfox778

What sequels do people think are better than the originals? The obvious ones are T2, Aliens and Godfather part II.

Maybe that's too difficult a question, how about what sequels do you think hold their own as good films? I like Die Hard 2 & 3 but they'll never beat the first. Superman II is very good, especially the Richard Donner version. Clerks II is great.

What do you guys enjoy?

Forgot The Dark Knight and Batman Returns. Quality films.

What sequels do people think are better than the originals? The obvious ones are T2, Aliens and Godfather part II.

Maybe that's too difficult a question, how about what sequels do you think hold their own as good films? I like Die Hard 2 & 3 but they'll never beat the first. Superman II is very good, especially the Richard Donner version. Clerks II is great.

What do you guys enjoy?

Forgot The Dark Knight and Batman Returns. Quality films.

Evil Dead 2

Come on man! 3 & 4 are great! Great macho films haha. Don't tell me you weren't jumping off the sofa during the last bout with Mr. T.?

I'm not a boxing fan myself but I preferred the original mainly for the story and the message in it. Thought the fight scenes a bit silly as the fight would be stopped ifa boxer was taking as  much punishment as he was.

Can't believe the reviews mad max got.... Utter bloody tosh. If that's what constitutes a good film these days I give up. Did they even bother with a story line and script? I think they just turned up, crashed stuff, blew it up and shot a few people... Job done.