Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

14/100 - Project Almanac - 7/10

MTV presents The Butterfly Effect starring the cast of Glee!

Except somehow it's majorly watchable and smart and considering it's a time travel flick centred around teenagers the plot actually plays. The found footage device loses its worth around the third act but I'm being picky. The final scene is also pretty ****ing dumb.

I'm only mentioning minor faults because describing the plot would be spoiler central.

Enjoyed it a lot and would definitely recommend it.

14/100 - Project Almanac - 7/10

MTV presents The Butterfly Effect starring the cast of Glee!

Except somehow it's majorly watchable and smart and considering it's a time travel flick centred around teenagers the plot actually plays. The found footage device loses its worth around the third act but I'm being picky. The final scene is also pretty ****ing dumb.

I'm only mentioning minor faults because describing the plot would be spoiler central.

Enjoyed it a lot and would definitely recommend it.

I saw that on the plane the other week. A pretty fair assessment.

15/100 - Ted 2 - 6/10

Exactly as ****ing stupid as expected but laugh out loud funny in spots. The Tom Brady parts were really funny. The completely unnecessary Breakfast Club homage was great. The improv scene buckled me and Steven Tyler -Soccer mom looking Goonie monster is still creasing me.

When it tries to get a plot two thirds in the flick loses a lot of its humour which was the only thing keeping me interested. Ends on a real damp squib because of it.

It Follows

Was told it had great reviews and was the critics' film of the year.

It's shit. I'm easily scared and I didn't find it very scary at all. I kept expecting the plot to develop but it never does. It ends at a totally random point. I'm not even sure of the point of some of the scenes.

Strange, wasted evening.

Suicide Squad trailer I'm seriously unsure on, I like the look of Harley Quinn in it but the Marilyn Manson style joker is really annoying me

This. I said the same thing after seeing it last night, Harley Quinn looks spot on, but I'm still very much unsure on Leto's Joker. That said, I know I'll moan about it, but it'll still grow on me and I'll still enjoy it.

Edited by Darkon84

This. I said the same thing after seeing it last night, Harley Quinn looks spot on, but I'm still very much unsure on Leto's Joker. That said, I know I'll moan about it, but it'll still grow on me and I'll still enjoy it.

I don't get the impression she's nailed the Quinn accent judging on the teaser though, Yael Stone from Orange Is The New Black would've been perfect for it imo if anyone's seen that.

15/100 - Ted 2 - 6/10

Exactly as ****ing stupid as expected but laugh out loud funny in spots. The Tom Brady parts were really funny. The completely unnecessary Breakfast Club homage was great. The improv scene buckled me and Steven Tyler -Soccer mom looking Goonie monster is still creasing me.

When it tries to get a plot two thirds in the flick loses a lot of its humour which was the only thing keeping me interested. Ends on a real damp squib because of it.

That Jurassic Park scene though.  Any film that can combine 2 of my favourite things so perfectly like that can't be allowed to rank any lower than 8 imo.

Suicide Squad trailer I'm seriously unsure on, I like the look of Harley Quinn in it but the Marilyn Manson style joker is really annoying me

Not seen the trailer so take my comment with a pinch of salt but Jared Leto is an inspired choice.

Anyone expecting him to do an impression of Heath Ledger will be disappointed though. Whoever follows Ledger was obviously going to have to take it in a different direction and put their stamp firmly on it. Fortunately SS should be a different enough film that it calls for a different enough Joker.