Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Not seen the trailer so take my comment with a pinch of salt but Jared Leto is an inspired choice.

Anyone expecting him to do an impression of Heath Ledger will be disappointed though. Whoever follows Ledger was obviously going to have to take it in a different direction and put their stamp firmly on it. Fortunately SS should be a different enough film that it calls for a different enough Joker.

The performance by Leto looks like it'll be good, felt a bit like shades of Ledger and Nicholson in there. It's the look that's annoying me - it doesn't look like the joker, it looks like manson has become a crack addict and dyed his hair green.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

The performance by Leto looks like it'll be good, felt a bit like shades of Ledger and Nicholson in there. It's the look that's annoying me - it doesn't look like the joker, it looks like manson has become a crack addict and dyed his hair green.

The metal teeth are an odd choice in my opinion. I like Jared Leto and think he'll do a good job but I think he'd look creepier with some regular teeth which are yellow and grim.

The metal teeth are an odd choice in my opinion. I like Jared Leto and think he'll do a good job but I think he'd look creepier with some regular teeth which are yellow and grim.

Could be a reason for the metal teeth though like for example batman beat the crap out of him and knocked all his teeth out? Granted it is an odd choice but it's not something i am too fussed about. Film looks good from the trailers but I am getting the feeling it's mostly gonna be flashbacks.

Anyone see the leaked deadpool trailer from comic con? Really looking forward to that and by the looks of it is gonna be very true to the comics

Edited by leftbackinthechangingroom

Got the third part of The Hobbit yesterday. Had a £10 voucher from EON so it only cost £2.99.

Only bad thing was they had the boxset trilogy for  £22 and I ready bought the first two. Never thought until afterward. I could have got it and sold or gave the others away.

Almost everyone would like a super power Super heroes go back to myths and legends about gods fighting evil forces so there will always be scope for variations of the theme. I wonder if they will do Jesus the Miracle Worker where he is portrayed as an alien from another world who escaped from evill rulers. He comes to Earth to seek help but some of his enimies are already here and pursue him throughout the film. They catch him at the end but in the final scene his eyes open given an indication that there will be part two maybe set in another century in The Return of Jesus.

Thats a rough symnophis (sp)  anyway.

Superhero movies aren't going anywhere, though you don't have to watch them so I can't see a problem.

The problem is they are taking the place of original stories. Studios are increasingly pumping money into mass produced, poorly written, sequel cack like the above diagram shows. It's boring... how many reincarnations of batman, superman, spiderman, x-men etc etc do you need. There is room for something a little bit different, I enjoyed Guardians as it felt original.

Rather than take risks and give someone a decent budget on an original story, we get batman 75 and the like. I mean... Batman v Superman, it's ludicrous. People would have laughed at the idea 10 years ago.

The problem is they are taking the place of original stories. Studios are increasingly pumping money into mass produced, poorly written, sequel cack like the above diagram shows. It's boring... how many reincarnations of batman, superman, spiderman, x-men etc etc do you need. There is room for something a little bit different, I enjoyed Guardians as it felt original.

Rather than take risks and give someone a decent budget on an original story, we get batman 75 and the like. I mean... Batman v Superman, it's ludicrous. People would have laughed at the idea 10 years ago.

Regarding the highlighted bit, I'm pretty sure Frank Miller came up with the idea and put it in print in the late 80s, and since then, it's become highly clamoured for, so it wouldn't have been laughed at. At least now they can make a good go of it. Can you imagine it in the 90's with Michael Keaton vs George Clooney?! lol.

As much as I love a bit of comic action, I'm totally with you about how it's suffocating real originality and preventing possible new directors, writers etc from getting a chance.

Regarding the highlighted bit, I'm pretty sure Frank Miller came up with the idea and put it in print in the late 80s, and since then, it's become highly clamoured for, so it wouldn't have been laughed at. At least now they can make a good go of it. Can you imagine it in the 90's with Michael Keaton vs George Clooney?! lol.

So Batman vs Batman?

19/100 - Spy - 8/10

Went into this flick with really low expectations. I'd go so far as to say the only expectation I had was that if hate it. Was pleasantly surprised at how funny it was and how easily I bought the lass from Gilmore Girls as an action hero. Jason Statham is hilarious in it as well. It's everything that that Steve Carrell flick Get Smart tried to be. Well worth an hour and a half of your time.

20/100 - Gone Girl - 8/10

Holy ****ing shit. Broadchurch but insane and mixed with some coked up Saw level mastermind physiological brain ****ery. Wow. Without spoiling anything this is like a full TV series in one flick. Madness. Watch this as soon as possible.

Rocky 3

enjoyed this one as well. had the best fighting in it although the rocky character has changed from the previous 2, not as likeable

Rocky 4

got about half way through this so far, ill finish it tonight i think, what the **** is that robot all about, has to be the strangest thing ive ever seen in a film, paulie is really getting on  my tits at this point, i wish rocky would knock him out. really odd film so far, not anywhere near as good as the last 3 so far. 

this guy cracks me up though, does the same thing in every film "get out of there" lol

Rocky 3

enjoyed this one as well. had the best fighting in it although the rocky character has changed from the previous 2, not as likeable

Rocky 4

got about half way through this so far, ill finish it tonight i think, what the **** is that robot all about, has to be the strangest thing ive ever seen in a film, paulie is really getting on  my tits at this point, i wish rocky would knock him out. really odd film so far, not anywhere near as good as the last 3 so far. 

this guy cracks me up though, does the same thing in every film "get out of there" lol

post-11205-0-96463700-1437117460.jpg

Rocky 3

Rocky 4

got about half way through this so far, ill finish it tonight i think, what the **** is that robot all about, has to be the strangest thing ive ever seen in a film, paulie is really getting on my tits at this point, i wish rocky would knock him out. really odd film so far, not anywhere near as good as the last 3 so far.

Happy birthday Paulie

Rocky 3

Rocky 4

got about half way through this so far, ill finish it tonight i think, what the **** is that robot all about, has to be the strangest thing ive ever seen in a film, paulie is really getting on my tits at this point, i wish rocky would knock him out. really odd film so far, not anywhere near as good as the last 3 so far.

Happy birthday Paulie