Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

20/100 - Gone Girl - 8/10

Holy ****ing shit. Broadchurch but insane and mixed with some coked up Saw level mastermind physiological brain ****ery. Wow. Without spoiling anything this is like a full TV series in one flick. Madness. Watch this as soon as possible.

You managed to mention a brilliant film like Gone Girl alongside Broadchurch and Saw lol

I do agree with the rating though. Would even be tempted to go 9.

Really looking forward to that. Thought the British one in the 90's with the Kemp brothers in was ok but it's been crying out for a high profile bigger budget go at it. 

I watched Lucy the other night.

I am genuinely offended by how terrible it is, it might be the worst film I've ever seen.

Wtf was Morgan Freeman thinking

Thank you. It is definitely the worst thing I've ever watched.

I looked up its ratings after and they were just around 3/5 which made me wonder if I was going mad.

Edited by RonnieTodger

22/100 - Unfinished Business - 7/10

Most of the comedy was in the trailer and that was something I was afraid of. It's the reason I didn't see it in the cinema. But General Beckmann from Chuck got her chebs out which was unexpected and worth an extra point on their own.

Not in the trailer was the entire family angle which actually made the flick worth the watch. Again the ending was signposted and formulaic but again this was a watchable flick.

Edited by General Smuts

Guest seanfox778

All this Nicolas Cage talk has made my film choice for tonight... Knowing. I've seen it before, pretty interesting 6/10 When I watch a film with him in now I can't help think it's Howard from The Big Bang Theory doing an impression of him.

22/100 - Unfinished Business - 7/10

Most of the comedy was in the trailer and that was something I was afraid of. It's the reason I didn't see it in the cinema. But General Beckmann from Chuck got her chebs out which was unexpected and worth an extra point on their own.

Not in the trailer was the entire family angle which actually made the flick worth the watch. Again the ending was signposted and formulaic but again this was a watchable flick.

worst film I've watched this year, 7!?

Hahaha written by Kevin Smith

Dean Cain was the only Superman in the 90s.

And directed by Tim Burton

Oh god, I'd wiped that from my memory.

I would have watched the shit out of that flick!

I'm sure there's a documentary about how it all went tits up.

EDIT: Yep, here's the trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJTjkAGLJVY

Edited by Darkon84

And directed by Tim Burton

Oh god, I'd wiped that from my memory.

I'm sure there's a documentary about how it all went tits up.

EDIT: Yep, here's the trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJTjkAGLJVY

I've seen Kevin Smith talk about it on An Evening With ... and the story is hilarious. The Jon Peters, Giant Spider and Wild Wild West links creased me.

worst film I've watched this year, 7!?

I have really really low expectations of films like this so I can only be mildly impressed when they aren't THAT shit.

Guest seanfox778

Just watched Ant-Man, was way better than I expected. Good mix of action and comedy. Good to see Michael Douglas again and Paul Rudd played his part very well. One of the best Marvel films. 8/10

I've seen Kevin Smith talk about it on An Evening With ... and the story is hilarious. The Jon Peters, Giant Spider and Wild Wild West links creased me.

I have really really low expectations of films like this so I can only be mildly impressed when they aren't THAT shit.

I had low expectations and I was still shocked

23/100 - The Death Of 'Superman Lives': What Happened? - 7/10

How do you try to make a $300m film in the late 90s and Nic Cage doesn't come off as the most mental person in the process? Jon Peters that's how. The guy looks like Rolf Harris but talks like he's a Mafia boss. Barbara Streisand's hairdresser turned inventor of the steampunk spider from Wild Wild West. Crackpot.

Really interesting story about what would have been an absolutely insane movie. I've heard Kevin Smith's side of events and it was great to see what happened after Tim Burton took over. The concept art is unreal and the chaos surrounding the production is almost unbelievable.

That flick would have either fallen so hard on its face or become an instant classic. I wish I could've seen it.

Jurassic world - was decent a times but found myself doing other bits while it was on in the end. 6/10

got loads to watch think will be watching Trash tonight not expecting much

Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age, but I thought Jurassic world was just one long advert for Mercedes, Starbucks and Samsung

#productplacement