Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Its too hard to chose which one is better. They are both great films. If I really had to make a choice, the second one would win by the width of a rizzler paper.

The problem that I had with part 2 is that is has some quite serious plot holes and parts that made no sense it is still a great film though.

Nah you're wrong, 2 is better

Dude its a opinion how can it be wrong lol

29/100 - The Skeleton Twins - 7/10

Really surprised me this flick - with the cast being full of comedians - Bill Hader, Kirsten Wiig, Ty Burrell and Luke Wilson - I was expecting a laugh riot. What I got was every MySpace update I made from 2005. The first emo comedy I think I've ever watched. If this isn't the only flick with themes of depression and suicide with a lip sync dance off battle to an 80s classic then I need to watch the other one immediately.

Bought the final part of thr Hobbit from with a voucher I got from EON (Tesco points) today. They had the 3 for £21 if I knew ahead I would have waited. Anyway I was going to watch the three but never ended up with enough time.

The third was shorter than I expected. Just over two hours and apart from the battle scenes not a lot happened. The first two were longer so had to make a third.

No, they really didn't have to make a third. It's a book that is barely 200 pages long... they could have easily done it in one film. But it was directed by Peter "surely we can make this longer than it needs to be" Jackson.

Word of warning - if you've got kids, whatever you do, don't let them persuade you to watch 'The True Story of Puss 'n' Boots'.

It's not the Shrek one, it's a shit French version where Puss is bizarrely voiced, apparently, by William Shatner.  Now I've seen a lot of kids films now, and a lot of them are quite entertaining, so there's no excuse for this jarring, clunking, confused, total waste of my life.  Genuinely one of the worst films I've ever seen.

It's free on Amazon Prime at the moment and frankly, it's overpriced.

The Lego Batman movie was alright though

Watched Moneyball tonight. Great sports flick - a viewing decision inspired by FC Midtjylland's recent success, which in turn was inspired by the stats system used for the Oakland A's success in 2002.

Just another movie that proves that you don't need a lot of (artificial) action to create tension and suspense.

Edited by MC Prussian

Watched Moneyball tonight. Great sports flick - a viewing decision inspired by FC Midtjylland's recent success, which in turn was inspired by the stats system used for the Oakland A's success in 2002.

Just another movie that proves that you don't need a lot of (artificial) action to create tension and suspense.

one of my favourite films is that, i recommend you watch "draft day" with kevin costner, and "the trouble with the curve" directed by and starring clint eastwood with amy adams and justin timberlake. very good

Guest seanfox778

It's impossible to get a 10 and I'm loathe to go below a 5. Basically my rating system goes from 5-9.

I use that system too. If I give anything 5 it's usually awful.

Guest seanfox778

Mission:Impossible - Rouge Nation. 8/10

Really enjoyable, some incredible stunts and great fun. I think this franchise keeps getting better. It's like an American James Bond film, this one felt very 007. It's pretty fast paced with some good humour too.

Just got back from Inside Out which started brilliantly and then I think lost its way.

As usual with Pixar the short before the main feature was amazing.

Just watched 'The house I live in' on Netflix. 

Incredibly well filmed documentary about the war on drugs in the US. There is some great insight too from academics and people right across the criminal justice system of how the 'cycle' is formed and it's links to things such as social control, the holocaust and how minor ethnic groups are unfairly represented. 

Definitely worth a watch  :thumbup: