Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Now I remember why I disregarded Back To The Future II for so long. It's a mess of a movie. It's chaotic, hectic, a pastiche, sometimes clueless in terms of plot, drags on for too long (just get that bloody Almanac!) and the SFX, in particular the masks, look so uninspiring and cheap. It's not even funny, the characters become a persiflage, the movie is so lifeless and unkind.

You can feel the lack of soul - with Zemeckis filming Part III on another set outside of Burbank at around the same time.

I think I didn't watch Part Two at the cinema back in the day, but looking at it today, it appears to be a rather cheeky move to have an audience pay for a movie that requires you to wait patiently and watch the sequel - a full year later!

Oh, and you just don't omit Crispin Glover.

30/100 - Entourage - 7/10

Recovers from the underwhelming start. Reminds me of a really good episode of Entourage which is a ringing endorsement. The stream I watched was spotty at best and dropped a fair few parts so I may have missed some plot points. Need it to hurry up and get to DVD so I can buy it. The lack of tits drops a point as well.

Good flick though. Leaves me wanting another season of the show.

I started to watch it after seeing your post, a quick visit to my torrent site told me its the censored version,you probably missed the funniest jokes, I'm going to wait till the uncensored version

That explains the complete absence of tits!

I watched a similar copy of Wolf Of Wall Street and finished it in about 20 mins.

31/100 - Trainwreck - 9/10

I'm pissed at how good this flick is. I really wanted to hate it because that pussy ass bitch Lebron James is in it. As a Bulls fan and after what he did to us in game 5 this year I really wanted to hate him in it so I could write off Space Jam 2 and bitch and moan and curse him out. And I can't cos it's great and he's funny in it. Amy Schumer is unbelievable in this. Forget Bridesmaids - which it will get compared to - this is Step Brothers level funny.

Now I've written that I take it back. But it's at least 40 Year Old Virgin funny.

Great flick. All I can say is go watch this now.

Just started the Entourage movie. I loved they series. Possibly my favourite of all time. I'm already worried - I'm annoyed at the extended version of the theme song and Piers Morgan is in it.

Where did you watch it on?

Watched Southpaw at the Locarno Film Festival yesterday and I have a lot of respect for Jake Gyllenhaal and how he prepared for the role of a boxer.

But the script is a standard template for the trials and tribulations of a hero losing it all before rediscovering his true self. The dialogues are very cheesy at times. All in all, the story screams for an African American protagonist. It's as if the script couldn't sell for years before Gyllenhaal came onboard, so they had to explain his rough upbringing with having gone "through the system".

The fight scenes are top-notch, though.

6/10

Guest Mee-9

31/100 - Trainwreck - 9/10

I'm pissed at how good this flick is. I really wanted to hate it because that pussy ass bitch Lebron James is in it. As a Bulls fan and after what he did to us in game 5 this year I really wanted to hate him in it so I could write off Space Jam 2 and bitch and moan and curse him out. And I can't cos it's great and he's funny in it. Amy Schumer is unbelievable in this. Forget Bridesmaids - which it will get compared to - this is Step Brothers level funny.

Now I've written that I take it back. But it's at least 40 Year Old Virgin funny.

Great flick. All I can say is go watch this now.

I want to go and see this soon.

I swear Amy Schumer has came from left-field this year. 

When will this superhero garbage end? 

Considering it's a popular area of fiction with lots of fans and a vast amount of decent material to draw from I wouldn't expect it to end any time soon.  You know, nobody's forcing you to watch any of it.

What do you deem an acceptable genre by the way?. 

32/100 - Fantastic Four - 6/10

I saw this two days ago and have drunk a lot since so my memory is not the freshest.

Most people's issue with this flick will be that it was marketed as a big action superhero movie and it's actually a sci fi thriller which lays the ground work for the sequel to be a big action superhero movie. All 5 of the top billed actors I'm a fan of and they all worked well as a team but the ending felt forced instead of the jokey banter it should have been.

All in all its not a bad movie and I can see the building blocks for the inevitable sequel but as far as being a standalone film worthy of repeat viewings I can't give it too much kudos.

Guest seanfox778

This is supposed to be one of the scariest trailers ever

I think it looks creepy and interesting, wouldn't say scary though.

32/100 - Fantastic Four - 6/10

I saw this two days ago and have drunk a lot since so my memory is not the freshest.

Most people's issue with this flick will be that it was marketed as a big action superhero movie and it's actually a sci fi thriller which lays the ground work for the sequel to be a big action superhero movie. All 5 of the top billed actors I'm a fan of and they all worked well as a team but the ending felt forced instead of the jokey banter it should have been.

All in all its not a bad movie and I can see the building blocks for the inevitable sequel but as far as being a standalone film worthy of repeat viewings I can't give it too much kudos.

I've just heard Scroobius Pip describe Dr Doom as looking like he was drawn on the wall of a laser quest and that is bob on and I can't stop laughing.

Watched Insurgent last night-really enjoyed the film especially the concept of factions as a plot device which led to some interesting scenarios such as all factions test in the sim scene. Some dumb plots though such as easy Erudite test and the ending was also dumb.

Apparently, the first film struck to the book but this one was different to the book.  For anyone who has also read the book, Is it better than the book or not? 

Edited by The Blur