Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

brassed_off_xl_01--film-B.jpg

I thought it mattered. I thought the music mattered.

Naturally it's all fiction, like. As any good reader of Yahoo News can tell you - Gordon Brown's Labour are the first government in history to shaft the working class that voted them in.

:whistle:

Edited by Finnegan

brassed_off_xl_01--film-B.jpg

I thought it mattered. I thought the music mattered.

Naturally it's all fiction, like. As any good reader of Yahoo News can tell you - Gordon Brown's Labour are the first government in history to shaft the working class that voted them in.

:whistle:

Brilliant film, fantastic acting from Pete Postlethwaite in particular.

Am I right in assuming it was based in part on actual events? Could be wrong.

Edited by BiloMyRetardBrother

On the subject of political films, this one (though more of a documentary) is absolutely brilliant. One of the most thought provoking documentaries I've ever watched, if a little depressing.

Edited by BiloMyRetardBrother

On the subject of political films, this one (though more of a documentary) is absolutely brilliant. One of the most thought provoking documentaries I've ever watched, if a little depressing.

Although it looks good (and depressing as you say!) it can't be all bad in the UK. Can you imagine this type of film getting a cinema release in China, North Korea, Zimbabwe... etc.!?

Brilliant film, fantastic acting from Pete Postlethwaite in particular.

Am I right in assuming it was based in part on actual events? Could be wrong.

I watched In The Name Of The Father last night.

Story of Gerry Conlon, purported ringleader of the Guildford Four, a group of three Irishmen and one English woman wrongly imprisoned for the 1974 IRA bombing of a pub in Guildford.

Daniel Day-Lewis & Pete Postlethwaite are outstanding.

Although it looks good (and depressing as you say!) it can't be all bad in the UK. Can you imagine this type of film getting a cinema release in China, North Korea, Zimbabwe... etc.!?

True enough, no-one would suggest we have it as bad as all those countries but civil liberties have taken a hammering since '97 (since the start of The War on Terror in particular), and this doc exposes that brilliantly.

Been on a total Godard binge lately, and might make my way through nearly his whole œuvre over the next few months. But I'm mixing things up in between, so tomorrow Netflix will send me....

le_mepris.jpeg

and

page6_blog_entry4_1.jpg

(edit: the film, not the soundtrack)

Hell yeah.

Edited by Jordan

Martyrs

A young woman's quest for revenge against the people who kidnapped and tormented her as a child leads her and a friend, who is also a victim of child abuse, on a terrifying journey into a living hell of depravity.

Sickest movie ever. It's French with subtitles.

If you like gore and films that will leave you psychologically scared, then this is for you.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029234/

Edited by Leicfox

51nJYGQ-1RL._SS500_.jpg

Utterly, utterly fucked up. Why it's only a 15 is beyond me. It's a short series as opposed to a film but it deserves it's place in this thread as opposed to Watching Now?

I don't really like to talk much about "anime" because you generally tend to come across looking like a fanboi to ignorant twats who think all anime is about Naruto, Dragon Ball, Pokemon and other mass-produced rubbish.

What people fail to understand is that "anime" isn't a genre - but a medium. One that includes films of any genre the 'West' produces. This is truly something special and I'd recommend it to anyone who's appreciated the likes of Akira, Blood: The Last Vampire or the Korean digiflick 'Sky Blue'.