Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

contact-movie.jpg

Recently watched Contact again and loved every single of its 229 minutes. They just don't make 'em like that anymore in Hollywood. Big-budget movies where the special effects enhance the story instead of being the story.

And Jodie Foster's lovely in it - one of the rare great modern movies with a female hero at the center.

Jennifer Lopez is very watchable.

Booty video and Love Don't Cost A Thing videos are unmissable viewing.

I read once that a bloke had a paid job to be JLo's nipple icer. His job was literally to ice up her nips and make sure she had pokies for music videos. It is the job I was born to do.

Out of interest what are people's High Fidelity style Top 5 films? Doesn't have to be of all time - could be this decade, could be Top 5 comedies.

Oh no... here come the hipsters with Seven Samurai and a load of other foreign language films.

Edited by Babylon

Oh no... here come the hipsters with Seven Samurai and a load of other foreign language films.

I think I posted mine in the past and Finners called me a hipster. I only ask because Dope which just came out would definitely be up there for me. Also I need to see whose recommendation I can trust and who has Gigli in their Top 5.

I think I posted mine in the past and Finners called me a hipster. I only ask because Dope which just came out would definitely be up there for me. Also I need to see whose recommendation I can trust and who has Gigli in their Top 5.

1. Almost Famous

2. Garden State

3. Scott Pilgrim vs The World

4. Shaun Of The Dead

5. Rushmore

6. Chasing Amy

7. Zombieland

8. The Big Lebowski

9. High Fidelity

10. Empire Strikes Back

4 years later and I'd throw in Empire Records, Step Brothers, Anchorman, Juno, Dark Knight, maybe even the 2011 Muppets into the mix along with Dope.

• Like 1

Is Moon that good? It's in my pile of DVD's still with the film on that I've inexplicably never watched.

No, but it's worth a watch.

How about doing a 100 documentaries next year smuts...i've been pretty much doing that this year as I enjoy documentaries much more than movies and there are so many amazing ones out there.