Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Is Moon that good? It's in my pile of DVD's still with the film on that I've inexplicably never watched.

Moon is great but a couple of big budget movies have trodden similar ground in the last few years, so it might not now feel as original as it did when it first came out.

Great Clint Mansell soundtrack on it though.

Edited by MooseBreath

No, but it's worth a watch.

How about doing a 100 documentaries next year smuts...i've been pretty much doing that this year as I enjoy documentaries much more than movies and there are so many amazing ones out there.

There are a good couple of documentaries in that list. At least 3 or 4 out of that 52.

Moon is great but a couple of big budget movies have trodden similar ground in the last few years, so it might not now feel as original as it did when it first came out.

Great Clint Mansell soundtrack on it though.

I hated Interstellar and The Martian also looks terrible. Gravity was great. That lost in space genre is a mixed bag.

If you're in to slow tension building sci-fi like me then very much so.

I'll bump it up the list.

Right?  Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of stuff to like in there, but it's far from the quintessential Sci Fi experience its often lauded as.

I'd say it is to Sci Fi films what Pokémon is to RPGs - An easy way to introduce yourself to core concepts of the genre without taxing your mind too much, but once you've moved on to Space Odyssey, They Live, Alien etc. or Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Dark Souls etc. it all feels rather pedestrian and, dare I say it, childish.

That said I do have a lot of time for a good old game of battlefront.

It was always meant to be wasn't it. I think he's always said he wanted to recreate that "Saturday afternoon matinee" feel of Flash Gordon or buck rogers, something like that.

It was always meant to be wasn't it. I think he's always said he wanted to recreate that "Saturday afternoon matinee" feel of Flash Gordon or buck rogers, something like that.

Well yeah, I'm just saying it's not the amazing, eternally watchable experience it's regularly make it out to be.  The whole universe is pretty damn cool, let me be clear on that, I just think that people could stand to be more objective about the films and admit that, ok, the Ewoks did kind of ruin it for everybody. lol

Idris Elba is the sickening darling of the moment (well last year or so) isn't he?

That's not a comment on him or his acting but on the state of "in" people.

Do you have a problem with him being a famous actor or something?

Strange response.

I don't have a problem with him at all - as stated previously.

And there are 1000's of "famous actors".

is he not white enough for you?

another strange response - are you moosebreath in disguise.

My criticism is of the critics, media and other film hangers on who seem to choose a celebrity's dick to suck for a year or so before moving on to the next coming.

Elba is a decent actor - I enjoyed the wire for example and the first Luther series (not so much the second) but there's a lot of sycophantic hangers on, going on. 

You may have a problem with colour but his colour never even crossed my mind.

another strange response - are you moosebreath in disguise.

My criticism is of the critics, media and other film hangers on who seem to choose a celebrity's dick to suck for a year or so before moving on to the next coming.

Elba is a decent actor - I enjoyed the wire for example and the first Luther series (not so much the second) but there's a lot of sycophantic hangers on, going on. 

You may have a problem with colour but his colour never even crossed my mind.

hell on you on about, he's barely been in the limelight for a while. Only during the speculation for the next Bond.

hell on you on about, he's barely been in the limelight for a while. Only during the speculation for the next Bond.

He's on Sky everyday - he must have the most UK airtime of any actor not called Kevin.

Fif is such a weirdo.

:)

Strange response.

I don't have a problem with him at all - as stated previously.

And there are 1000's of "famous actors".

It's just odd that you chose this particular example of celebrity culture to describe as 'sickening'. Don't worry, I've no doubt you've thought the same about white celebrities, and the fact you've only posted so strongly when it has happened to be a black celebrity is a mere coincidence.

It's just odd that you chose this particular example of celebrity culture to describe as 'sickening'. Don't worry, I've no doubt you've thought the same about white celebrities, and the fact you've only posted so strongly when it has happened to be a black celebrity is a mere coincidence.

lol

Moose and one of his altaccounts trying to find something racist in a comment that didn't even mention colour. I guess that shows where the real racism lies Moose as proven in the past.

My history of posting would vindicate my non-racism and dislike of celebritiism (neither of which I talked of here). This post is about sycophant hangers on. 

lol

Moose and one of his altaccounts trying to find something racist in a comment that didn't even mention colour. I guess that shows where the real racism lies Moose as proven in the past.

My history of posting would vindicate my non-racism and dislike of celebritiism (neither of which I talked of here). This post is about sycophant hangers on.

What are you on about now? I said I'm sure it was just a coincidence it was just weird the way you worded it, "sickening" is a bit strong for you usually.

What are you on about now? I said I'm sure it was just a coincidence it was just weird the way you worded it, "sickening" is a bit strong for you usually.

Whatever.

move on chap.