Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched Warrior last night, I thought it was a smashing film with fantastic character depth.  It was miles better than The Fighter so it was a bit of shame that it did not get any oscars or even get more nominations when The Fighter has won one oscar.

While searching for any mentions of Warrior in this thread via search bar, I came across Finners and Smuts's handbags at dawn back in 2009, I would never thought those two would have a squabble on here lol

Edited by The Blur

So it was mediocre? I loved it tbh - plot is a bit lacking but as an action film it's pretty impressive.

Needlessly long - it's a Road movie where they take a month to get to where they're trying to go and then turn around and get back in 5 minutes.

I liked the daft Clockwork Orange war boy lingo and as a sequence of action set pieces it was fun. I just expected more. It's called Mad Max and Tom Hardy did next to **** all.

It's just so bland. Completely meh.

Went to watch The Martian on Friday. Fantastic film! Showcase were less than fantastic but I did get two free tickets.

Saw The Martian this afternoon - pretty much had the Odeon screen 3 to myself. I thought it was great. Much more humour than I imagined and a fantastic performance from Matt Damon. A typical Hollywood ending but thouroughly enjoyable. 8.5/10 for me. Highly recommended.

Watched Martian last week thought it was awesome! I haven't read the book but from what I'm hearing Ridley Scott has done a great job scripting int into a movie, Love Ridley scott films since Alien and Blade Runner the guy is a science fiction genius on par with anyone in that area.

Can't wait for the next Alien instalment which is in production it has to be the greatest Sci-Fi compilation ever just a shame that my favourite one is Aliens which was Directed by Cameron.

Bit of culture this afternoon. Went to watch Suffragette with the bread knife. The cinema was full of middle aged old dears and I was the only bloke. An interesting film and quite educational. Not sure the missus took to kindly to me comparing the woman who threw herself in front of the Kings horse at the Derby to a suiside bomber lol

Bit of culture this afternoon. Went to watch Suffragette with the bread knife. The cinema was full of middle aged old dears and I was the only bloke. An interesting film and quite educational. Not sure the missus took to kindly to me comparing the woman who threw herself in front of the Kings horse at the Derby to a suiside bomber lol

Went to see that last week on the day it came out, with the other half. Exactly the same in there, as expected, that I was the only bloke. The woman in front didn't enjoy my joke to my missus asking why there wasn't a male lead.

Jokes aside, I learnt a bit from it, had a decent cast and was acted out well. Brendan Gleeson was brilliant as always, and I thought Meryl Streep would have been in it more. Probably a solid 7/10

Edited by Darkon84
  • Like 1