Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched Warrior last night, I thought it was a smashing film with fantastic character depth. It was miles better than The Fighter so it was a bit of shame that it did not get any oscars or even get more nominations when The Fighter has won one oscar.

While searching for any mentions of Warrior in this thread via search bar, I came across Finners and Smuts's handbags at dawn back in 2009, I would never thought those two would have a squabble on here lol

Haha Finners will start an argument in a room alone.

Thought this was a decent enough list by IGN on film scores, guess which one they chose for first :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6my-GDN1Mc

Seen the rumours that Scarlett Johansson is to star in a live action version of Ghost in the Shell, just hope they do not mess it up. 

Might go see one of either Sicario, The last witch hunter or The Martian this weekend.

Thought this was a decent enough list by IGN on film scores, guess which one they chose for first :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6my-GDN1Mc

Seen the rumours that Scarlett Johansson is to star in a live action version of Ghost in the Shell, just hope they do not mess it up. 

Might go see one of either Sicario, The last witch hunter or The Martian this weekend.

I stopped watching when when Jurassic Park only came in at number 5.  Rubbish list.

55/100 - Me And Earl And The Dying Girl - 10/10

Really enjoyed this film 10/10 

57/100 - Final Girls - 8/10

Fun spin on summer camp slasher movies. In the vein of Cabin in the Woods.

Found this very slow in places , enjoyed some parts but most of it was not my cup of tea   3/10 x 

Loved Jurassic World, but it was the very definition of an idiot plot (a plot that only advances due to the actions of idiots). All they have to do is check the trackers before opening the enclosure to have a look, as would surely be the sensible thing when they know they've given it the ability to camouflage, and then none of the story happens. 

Loved Jurassic World, but it was the very definition of an idiot plot (a plot that only advances due to the actions of idiots). All they have to do is check the trackers before opening the enclosure to have a look, as would surely be the sensible thing when they know they've given it the ability to camouflage, and then none of the story happens.

Ever considered a career as a director?

Imagine making Titanic 'Excuse me captain lad but you know there is a ****ing iceberg that sinks the ship so take a different course and let's make a film that nothing happens in eh?'

Ever considered a career as a director?

Imagine making Titanic 'Excuse me captain lad but you know there is a ****ing iceberg that sinks the ship so take a different course and let's make a film that nothing happens in eh?'

You realise the titanic was a real event, and played out that way because the captain got arrogant and thought he could just blast through the iceberg, right? It's just a bit much when for the plot to happen, people have to be completely stupid. It's perfectly possible to put together a plot where things happen to set it up despite the protagonists, rather than because of them.

• Like 1

You realise the titanic was a real event, and played out that way because the captain got arrogant and thought he could just blast through the iceberg, right? It's just a bit much when for the plot to happen, people have to be completely stupid. It's perfectly possible to put together a plot where things happen to set it up despite the protagonists, rather than because of them.

Titanic was real? Shit, RIP Kate Winslet.

There are good ways to make people be stupid to move the plot forward, Jurassic World was a fine example of people being stupid for the sake of it to carry the plot along and that's very different. If you're watching a cheesy action movie and are happy to be watching a cheesy action movie then fair enough but if you want to watch a piece of cinema then Jurassic World probably isn't the film to watch it's absolute muck from a critical standpoint.

Needlessly long - it's a Road movie where they take a month to get to where they're trying to go and then turn around and get back in 5 minutes.

I liked the daft Clockwork Orange war boy lingo and as a sequence of action set pieces it was fun. I just expected more. It's called Mad Max and Tom Hardy did next to **** all.

It's just so bland. Completely meh.

Mad Max, was nothing then a copy of what happens in the punjab on a daily basis......ive seen it and done it!!!

There are good ways to make people be stupid to move the plot forward, Jurassic World was a fine example of people being stupid for the sake of it to carry the plot along and that's very different. If you're watching a cheesy action movie and are happy to be watching a cheesy action movie then fair enough but if you want to watch a piece of cinema then Jurassic World probably isn't the film to watch it's absolute muck from a critical standpoint.

lol What a snob!