Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Guest seanfox778

Watched Marathon Man earlier, very impressive tense thriller. There's a great scene for dentist phobes too. Dustin Hoffman puts in a great performance. 8/10

Really enjoyed this film 10/10 

Found this very slow in places , enjoyed some parts but most of it was not my cup of tea   3/10 x 

Glad you enjoyed Me and Earl as much as I did. It's a barely seen film that is ****ing brilliant. I can't recommend it enough. And I get your point about the Final Girls but I liked that it was something different. I struggled to find a comparison of any film like it and could only really come up with Cabin in the Woods which isn't really even that close.

Have you watched Singh is Bling yet?

I can't find it anywhere. I'll watch the Bling Ring instead while staring at a picture of you in a sparkly pink cowboy hat as a compromise.

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed Me and Earl as much as I did. It's a barely seen film that is ****ing brilliant. I can't recommend it enough. And I get your point about the Final Girls but I liked that it was something different. I struggled to find a comparison of any film like it and could only really come up with Cabin in the Woods which isn't really even that close.

I can't find it anywhere. I'll watch the Bling Ring instead while staring at a picture of you in a sparkly pink cowboy hat as a compromise.

I will send you a link, and we can watch it together in our birthday suits

Guest seanfox778

Conspiracy Theory - This is a proper 90's film with Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts as the lead, it was also nice to see Patrick Stewart. Mel Gibson is a wacko taxi driver who is nuts about conspiracies and then one of them gets him tailed by some shady men in suits. Julia Roberts gets involved and it all kicks off. Pretty entertaining actually, directed by Richard Donner of Superman: The Movie and Lethal Weapon fame. 7/10

(Room) 1408 - Quite an underrated horror in my opinion, a writer goes to stay in a supposedly haunted hotel room to document it for his new book when things get weird and creepy. Had a bit of a Jacob's Ladder vibe which is one of my favourite films ever. I like John Cusack but he's a bit lame in this, seems to have the same facial expression throughout. I'm also going to give this a 7/10, a good one for Halloween and apparently there's 4 different endings to it floating about.

So you think Jurassic World is a good example of top cinema work?

I'd call it what it is and don't really think that's snobbery at all just being correct.

If people are entertained then it's a good film.

Conspiracy Theory - This is a proper 90's film with Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts as the lead, it was also nice to see Patrick Stewart. Mel Gibson is a wacko taxi driver who is nuts about conspiracies and then one of them gets him tailed by some shady men in suits. Julia Roberts gets involved and it all kicks off. Pretty entertaining actually, directed by Richard Donner of Superman: The Movie and Lethal Weapon fame. 7/10

(Room) 1408 - Quite an underrated horror in my opinion, a writer goes to stay in a supposedly haunted hotel room to document it for his new book when things get weird and creepy. Had a bit of a Jacob's Ladder vibe which is one of my favourite films ever. I like John Cusack but he's a bit lame in this, seems to have the same facial expression throughout. I'm also going to give this a 7/10, a good one for Halloween and apparently there's 4 different endings to it floating about.

You're getting repped just for that description 

So you think Jurassic World is a good example of top cinema work?

I'd call it what it is and don't really think that's snobbery at all just being correct.

I watch films for entertainment.

Yeah I enjoyed it mostly but hard to recommend it for the plot, the story sucked balls.

You do realise that all films are basically the same 4 or 5 stories don't you?