Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The%20Pacifier%20WS.jpg

What a truly heartbreaking film. Vin Diesel was phenomenal, and gave arguably his finest on screen performance since the wonderful, whimsical, XXX. Stirring stuff with a sub plot that screams "butch".

I checked on IMDB but couldn't find his Oscar nomination credit for this, I assume the website is incorrect.

10 on 10.

Prozac_Nation_film.jpg

Really disappointingly weak. About as hard hitting as humus, about as edgey as crumpets and as deep as Smuts.

What a waste of something potentially heartwrenching.

Yeah great, thanks for the critique. What we all want to know is does Christina Ricci get em out?

Utterly, utterly fucked up. Why it's only a 15 is beyond me. It's a short series as opposed to a film but it deserves it's place in this thread as opposed to Watching Now?

I don't really like to talk much about "anime" because you generally tend to come across looking like a fanboi to ignorant twats who think all anime is about Naruto, Dragon Ball, Pokemon and other mass-produced rubbish.

What people fail to understand is that "anime" isn't a genre - but a medium. One that includes films of any genre the 'West' produces. This is truly something special and I'd recommend it to anyone who's appreciated the likes of Akira, Blood: The Last Vampire or the Korean digiflick 'Sky Blue'.

You leave DBZ alone!!!! :angry:

It's all about Miyazki in Jap animation!

Would you think me shallow if I admitted they were slightly disappointing?

I would tell you to watch Black Snake Moan.

You leave DBZ alone!!!! :angry:

It's all about Miyazki in Jap animation!

I do like Studio Ghibli's work but that's like saying it's all about Quentin Tarantino when it comes to American films, you'd be doing a hell of a lot of genres and film makers a big injustice.

The Koreans probably produced the best piece of animation of the last decade, anyway. Or one of.

Easily one of my favourite pieces of cinematography of all time - a brilliant mashup of drawn art, CGI, cel shading and live motion.

wonderful_days_ost.jpg

Released in the US and the UK as Sky Blue the story is a little thin and the voice acting is wooden but the atmosphere is just the best thing EVER. I love it.

Last night:

Eden Lake: Sick Brit Chav 'em up!! Quit cool though!

Vantage Point: Who shot the President 'em up!! From various viewpoints... I liked!

I wasn't too sure about this. It was okay. But got too repetitive for me. Some people, i'm assuming like you, would have liked all the different perspectives, but as much as I like Forest Whittaker, I found it got way too predictable.

6 or 7 out of 10 :)

Watched Fight Club for like the 5th time yesterday. Can't get enough of it. First time of watching I was like wtf?! But then you watch it a second time and you understand and things become clearer. The rest of the times you just laugh and love :)

I would tell you to watch Black Snake Moan.

I do like Studio Ghibli's work but that's like saying it's all about Quentin Tarantino when it comes to American films, you'd be doing a hell of a lot of genres and film makers a big injustice.

The Koreans probably produced the best piece of animation of the last decade, anyway. Or one of.

Easily one of my favourite pieces of cinematography of all time - a brilliant mashup of drawn art, CGI, cel shading and live motion.

Released in the US and the UK as Sky Blue the story is a little thin and the voice acting is wooden but the atmosphere is just the best thing EVER. I love it.

TBH if you want to do comparisons, it's like saying Disney is all American animation!

But on your recommendation (which is usually good!) I have just bought Blue Sky.... It'd better be good!!! (Or at least half as good as Akira and 10x better than the disappointing "Ghost in the Shell"! ) :angry:

Just watched lock stock and two smoking barrels , its a must watch ! :D

Where you been? Is a quality film, up there with my personal favs.

It's a deal, it's a steal, it's sale of the facking century, infact fack it Nick I think i'll keep it. :thumbup: