Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Bond any good?

Just came away from watching it this evening, I've got to say it's a difficult call. Well for me it's no where near as good as Skyfall but nowhere near as bad as Quantum. I think the problem is that, since Skyfall really set an high standard it was always going to be difficult for the follow up to being able to top that. There was some neat ideas in Spectre that I really liked but at times I felt they could have explored that further and always got that feeling I was waiting for something big to happen. I kinda think they wanted to take there time over this movie, they didn't wanna rush it or try and force things into it and try and save ideas for future films in which I give them credit. However I did feel the movie lacked something and as a Bond film I wouldn't say there was anything that stuck out from it to make rememberable. I'm probably being too harsh really, I enjoyed the experience and the movie and yeah It's not bad really, just don't expect an epic like Skyfall.

61/100 - Barely Lethal - 8/10

Exceptionally stupid and ridiculous and terrible and I bloody loved it. Half way through I thought it was the worst film ever and then Jessica Alba happened and it still was. Every John Hughes cliche and girl power pastiche rolled into one ludicrous nonsense mess.

I really enjoyed Spectre. Thought it was well acted, well shot and there was enough to the plot to keep me interested.

I trust you as a reliable poster, i'm more likely to see it now

Edited by Wookie