Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The Force Awakens: MASSIVE SPOILERS.

The film was visually stunning and apart from a couple of places - where we meet Rey and we are inexplicitly treated to romanic music and when Rey and Finn are congratulating themselves on the Millennium Falcon - I found it very watchable.

And, from the start, it was promising: Luke whereabouts and activities seem interesting and we've never experienced a rebelling Storm Trooper - and Finn's first few appearances on screen are intriguing.

From then on in, from the point that Rey and Finn meet, it held itself together okay, and it had all the hallmarks of a decent film: tension, suspense, action and interesting characters (well, the orange lady with the awesome glasses and a gung-ho attitude to table manners).

But it did not inspire. It - after ignoring the only original parts in Luke's activities and rebelling Storm Troopers - became a rehash of the original films, with either the old actors or new ones with so-so chemistry.

Orphan becomes entangled with the rebel alliance? Check. Millenium Falcon? Check. Message/map stuck in a droid. Check. Witnessing the Sith kill a 'tutor'? Check. Deathstar? Check. Deathstar destroyed via X-Wings. Check. Orphan finds the force to become a Jedi? Check. Jedi fights Sith and wins. Check. Slight love interest? Check.

Not only that, but Rey, it seems, manages to master the force in about 20 minutes, something that took Luke three films to do. Christ, give her 40 minutes and she'll be squeezing the life out of every Sith within 70 parsecs while she's cleaning the Millennium Falcon's bogs with Chewie.

I mean, Christ, not only did they rehash the originals, but they forced the old actors to play the parts. Han's death was the only original part. I like how Leia took it: bit of a concerned look at Rey, but meh - whatever. At least they didn't force Leia back into her bikini. 4/10.

Edited by Foxxed

Chopping off half an hour wouldn't have hurt. It's not bad.

Textbook Tarantino. I can't say I was bored at any point though. Jennifer Jason Leigh stole that flick. She was immense in it.

Didn't think that was released yet?

pit_jolly.png

It's out in America. I blame them for not bringing it over here yet.