Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Last night:

Eden Lake: Sick Brit Chav 'em up!! Quit cool though!

Vantage Point: Who shot the President 'em up!! From various viewpoints... I liked!

Eden Lake - very violent,but says a lot about the youth of today!

All good choices. I'd go for BB being a fanboi, but Wall E is class. Not seen t'other one, but it looks awesome too.

This was of no help whatsoever.

Wall E.
WALL.E one of my favouritist films... EVER!!
Sceptical at first. But afterward, thoroughly impressed. Great film.

To be fair I am a little bit spoilt for choice.

I've got a while to decide though.

TBH if you want to do comparisons, it's like saying Disney is all American animation!

But on your recommendation (which is usually good!) I have just bought Blue Sky.... It'd better be good!!! (Or at least half as good as Akira and 10x better than the disappointing "Ghost in the Shell"! ) :angry:

But animation is a much bigger part of Japanese film making than it is in the West. There are far more animated films made for serious or adult audiences where as our connotations in the West are "that's for kids."

It's not as good as Akira though it's visually more impressive. Ghost in the Shell was "meh." I really like main "sequel", Innocence, though - that's a fantastic film. Though it isn't a direct sequel, it's just called "Ghost In The Shell" because it's set in the same world and to make it sell more, lol. It's a stand alone story.

Edited by Finnegan

Phube. Got any more recommendations for me babe?

Watch most of the ones you've said so far. All kickass.

That's because I have good taste!

But I am running out of the non-conventional, quality films though... Let me think!

Kiss kiss, Bang Bang - if you haven't seen it yet, you must!

How about old school:

Sunset Boulevard

Rear Window

North by Northwest

The Apartment

Edited by Phube

Watched the Three Colours Blue last night.

Very good film, if a bit arty. Defo the best combination of a soundtrack to film and Juliette is yummy in it too.

Three Colours White tonight!!

Seen the cheap box-set of them for sale, worth a go?

Edited by act smiley

Seen the cheap box-set of them for sale, worth a go?

I bought the same box-set.

I have only watched Blue, I'll report back after White.

But going off Blue which is a decent film, if you don't mind the Frenchy films like Amelie etc. then you'll enjoy this just as much.

I don't know whether I mentioned but watched Lives of Others a few weeks back - absolutely superb, one of the best films I'd watch all year. Phube's on the ball with films.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

I don't know whether I mentioned but watched Lives of Others a few weeks back - absolutely superb, one of the best films I'd watch all year. Phube's on the ball with films.

Its a very good film and I enjoyed it, but it did seem a little contrived, really.

4 oscars...top film. Of course its not a patch on that cartoon you like so much. :crylaugh:

Well if you want to compare random popularity contests with films then WALL.E is more highly rated than NCFOM... so :P

You Sir, are a man with taste! :D