Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Downloaded a couple of films based solely on the box art and who was on the cover

Concussion (Will Smith, Alec Baldwin) Docu-film about a doctor taking on the NFL about the game causing brain damage. Will smith was pretty good and so was the film, not the kind of thing you watch twice though 4/10

Bridge of Spies (Tom Hanks) Insurance lawyer gets involved in prisoner exchanges in the cold war, Another  true story (shit luck i guess) and again, pretty good. 5/10

4/100

Just watched Diablo. What a strange film. A civil war veteran sets off looking for his kidnapped wife. Not bad. Only1 hr 20. 7.5/10

Can't say too much about it.

I watched those two films last week. I quite enjoyed them. Gave a higher mark though. I think I may be too generous.

Edited by Rincewind

5/100

Entourage. I believe it is a follow up to a TV series which I have never seen. A comedy about a group of friends who grew up together and try to make a movie but face problems finishing it. Funny in parts. Nothing too demanding on the brain. 

5/10

5/100

Entourage. I believe it is a follow up to a TV series which I have never seen. A comedy about a group of friends who grew up together and try to make a movie but face problems finishing it. Funny in parts. Nothing too demanding on the brain.

5/10

I think thats the worst film i've ever seen but to be fair, I haven't seen the tv series so I probably didnt get most of it.

5/100

5/10

Truly terrible film, no brain required to watch that load of guff. Mark Kermode's review says it all...

Truly terrible film, no brain required to watch that load of guff. Mark Kermode's review says it all...

I didn't care about the gender politics, blatant consumerism or any of that crap. I just thought it was a shit film.

who cares what that twat thinks! I thought it was great.  but then, i watched the tv show also

I thought it was OK in parts but not enough to watch the TV series. The characters were not exactly likeable. My other choices were a doc bio (experimental) and a film  about a son looking for a father who's been kidnapped.(ex.......) Both genres I have seen over the past week or so. I wanted something lighter.

I may reduce my mark though.

Updated site

Edited by Rincewind

I agree, good film but the first hour could have been condensed into about 20 mins alone.

Watched Bridge of Spies, decent film but again quite slow moving.

Watched hateful 8 last night. Agree with what most people are saying. First part far too long and repetitive but overall a reasonable film.

Intend to watch the Bafta nominees next but usually find most nominated films to be not all that good.

Probably won't watch the Eddie Redmayne one though - doesn't interest me and I find him rather irritating.

I watched the Hateful Eight last night and yes, while it tootled along at a slow pace until halfway through, I enjoyed it and laughed out loud at some parts.

Reading an interview with Tarantino, I think the slow first half was intentional to represent old westerns where you had no idea who was good/bad until the halfway point.

Having said that, I'm no critic. I pretty much enjoy most films I watch. If I'm not sure I'll like it, I won't even bother. I'm sure I've missed out on plenty of excellent films though!

Just watch Steve Jobs (the Boyle, Fassbender, Winslet version). I enjoyed it, it's a solid 7/10 with some good performances.

Staged in an interesting way with it being filmed in three parts, like they were behind the scenes of three of the apple expos.

You won't learn much new if you've been into apple products for a while, but still very watchable and focuses mostly on his flaws as a person.

Just make sure you don't watch the Ashton Kutcher film by mistake!!!!

The internship

Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan become out of work salesmen, who apply for an internship at Google and get in. The film then follows them as they compete for full time jobs.

Its what you'd expect from a owen wilson, vince vaughan movie and whilst it didn't have many serious laughs, its amusing enough to be a real easy watch. 6.5/10

The Big Short- Part comedy drama(it's not really funny but it tries to be), part documentary about the lead up to the 2008 crash. Doesn't tell you a lot that you don't already know but it's worth a watch. 7.5/10

Edited by Webbo

The Big Short- Part comedy drama(it's not really funny but it tries to be), part documentary about the lead up to the 2008 crash. Doesn't tell you a lot that you don't already know but it's worth a watch. 7.5/10

Watched this last night, I'd probably agree with your 7.5/10. Thought it could've been better with the cast it had.